Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
I haven't really looked into the AKC much, but two of my three pets are registered. I am not going to breed any of my dogs. The Golden Retreiver and Basset Hound are registered, but my Maltese isn't. I have his pedigree and everything, I just never felt the need to register him. I've heard of a lot of times when dogs that aren't purebred and registered as purebred.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
sprite and ellie are registered and spayed. gruffi's a mix...so he isnt part of akc. i remember talking about it on MO...seems like AKC is a scam sometimes.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
parker isnt registered..i dont see the point if they are not for breeding purposes. but if you want to for the sake of saying it is registered..go for it..i'll keep my money

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i like that i have their akc papers and all that because it tells me who sprite and ellies parents are. i met gruffis parents and i took pics.

sprite and ellie have a bunch of ribbons and stuff from dog training so we're thinking that in the new house we're going to display everything on a wall or something. the dog trainer is coming next week and after they get trained socially---i want to put them back in dog obedience shows and stuff. sprite and ellie tried little bits of rally obedience and they did great---i want all three to know as much stuff as possible. you know

·
Registered
939 Posts
For myself I agree with LadyMontava. Since I agreed not to breed Tiki I saw no benefit to sending the group money that I could use to spoil my little one with lots of chew toys

Judi

·
Registered
346 Posts
Neither Bailey or Morgan are registered. I had Morgan neutered and when Bailey turns six months old, he too will get fixed. No sense in registering them at that point. I have their pedigree papers and that is enough for me. I spend my money on them and not to hand it over to someone to tell me, okay we have a record of your dog. I mean, afterall, isn't that technically all they are doing? Morgan is not show ring material and neither is Bailey. They are just SHOW OFF material lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts