Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you are big fanatics of The Andy Griffith Show?

This can lead to be a very interesting thread. Lets share things about TAGS that we know that probably most people don't know.

I'll save what I am thinking of for a future post just to your curiosity up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
486 Posts
Originally posted by scottchelf@Sep 14 2005, 08:36 PM
How many of you are big fanatics of The Andy Griffith Show?

This can lead to be a very interesting thread.  Lets share things about TAGS that we know that probably most people don't know.

I'll save what I am thinking of for a future post just to your curiosity up.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99749
[/QUOTE]


I'm a big fan. My mom and I have been watching this since I was little. Our bird sings the song.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,515 Posts
here is what i know about TAGS......





































































































































a lot of nothing
i remember aunt b made a pie one time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
486 Posts
These are some Shows that I remember.

When Aunt B bought all that meat and had iit in the freezer out side, The freezer broke and andy kept saying " Aunt b Call the man"

When Andy was tring to show Opey that Aunt b could be just as fun as his old nanny. He got her to play baseball, and go fishing but when she caught a fish she freaked out and threw the pole in the water.

When Aunt b let opeys bird out by accident and she tried to leave because obey was upset with her. When she tried to leave Opey came runnign saying she cant leave she wont be able to survive she cant play baseball or ever fish.

When Barney got the motorcycle with the side car.

When barney was held hostage by those women in the woods..


Thats all I can remember Now!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,036 Posts
The Andy Griffith re-runs come on each day while we are having lunch. A couple of days ago the show was about "Barbara Eden" before she was Jeannie. She had gotten oof the bus in Mayberry because the sign said it was a friendly little town. She was a manicurist and looking for employment. Well the good old boys decided there was no work for her and boycotted her. Long story short she told them that Mayberry was not friendly and she would take the bus to a town that was in deed friendly. So then the boys decided to have her stay in friendly Mayberry. So they all decided that they needed manicures. When it was Barneys turn he kept kinda jerking his hand back in a nervous "Barney" kinda way. Then he said.....................................this was so funny if you know Barney. "Be careful with this finger, this is my trigger finger. If you mess that one up I had might as well get out of the business."
How many times do you think Barney has ever used that "trigger finger?" I laughed out loud at that one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,856 Posts
Citizen's arrest, citizen's arrest...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
I like TAGS although I don't watch it too much. Hubby likes it too.
I can't remember too many episodes off the top of my head...but I do remember the one about the freezer and all the meat that was mentioned before. That was funny.
I miss good old tv shows like that!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
oops! Double post!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,036 Posts
Also, what about the ole where Aunt Bee made the pickles for the fair. They were sooooo bad but Andy told her how good they were. So made an extra batch. Andy and Barney took them to the city limit sign and gave them away to people coming into town. That would have been a clue to just keep driving.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,036 Posts
The Andy Griggith Show (TAGS)...................okay girls I guess we are showing our age.
But who cares, I always heard that it is simply mind over matter. If you don't mind then it don't matter.
And I don't mind, heck, I look darn good for 50.



My daddy says he has 2 pretty girls.....the mommy and the Sassy! We yuves the daddy don't we mommy?
~Sassy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,036 Posts
Originally posted by Msloke+Sep 15 2005, 03:48 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Sassy's mommy
@Sep 15 2005, 11:50 AM
The Andy Griggith Show (TAGS)...................okay girls I guess we are showing our age. 
  But who cares, I always heard that it is simply mind over matter. If you don't mind then it don't matter.
And I don't mind, heck, I look darn good for 50.



My daddy says he has 2 pretty girls.....the mommy and the Sassy! We yuves the daddy don't we mommy?
~Sassy
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99926
Me too! :D But hey, do we HAVE to admit we saw the original airings and not just the reruns in syndication?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99971
[/B][/QUOTE]


Well I guess you are right. I guess since I saw so many of the originals I never thought about the rerun thing. Although, the originals were so many years ago I probably forgot about them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you know that Sheriff Andy Taylor.........

...shot a firearm only twice during all the seasons... once at a quail shoot, and another time when the men posing as a printing company came to mayberry, offered aunt Bea a job, and when Andy discovered they were counterfieting, he shot their tire as they were getting away.

...Did marry Ms. Crump (first episode of mayberry RFD)

Did you know, that Contrary to whatever the other 99.999% of the viewers of TAGS claims, there were 2 black people in the show. They were bystanders, briefly caught in the film, toward the end of the episode I mentioned earlier about the counterfeit show.

There were 2 mayors..... Mayor Stoner & Mayor Pike

Barney Fife was sheriff.... The the 1985 movie Return to mayberry

Barney Fife & Thelma Lou got married (see Return to mayberry)

Did you know that there never was a real person assuming the character of Sarah the telephone operator.

Did you know that Hal Smith who played Otis Cambell, the town drunk, never drinked alcohol.

Did you know that Hal Morris, who played Ernest T. Bass died in 2005

Did you know that Don Knotts is older than Andy Griffith

Did you know that Don Knotts and Andy Griffith are both still alive as of 09/15/2005

Remember Leon, the kid always offering the half eating peanut butter/jelly sandwich to andy or barney, well, in real life that is Ron Howards brother. Ron Howard played Opie in case you didn't know who Ron Howard is.

In real life, Ron Howard's mother died when lil ronnie was just a baby, thus the role of a single father.

Did you know that Opie never called andy dad.... just paw.

Did you know that Ronnie Howard's dad and Andy griffith were good friends.

Did you know that today Ronnie Howard is over 50 years old and practically bald headed.


I've got more facts of TAGS that I'll share with you in the future, I want to see who knows what about the show and its characters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
Originally posted by Msloke+Sep 15 2005, 02:48 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Sassy's mommy
@Sep 15 2005, 11:50 AM
The Andy Griggith Show (TAGS)...................okay girls I guess we are showing our age. 
  But who cares, I always heard that it is simply mind over matter. If you don't mind then it don't matter.
And I don't mind, heck, I look darn good for 50.



My daddy says he has 2 pretty girls.....the mommy and the Sassy! We yuves the daddy don't we mommy?
~Sassy
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99926
Me too! :D But hey, do we HAVE to admit we saw the original airings and not just the reruns in syndication?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99971
[/B][/QUOTE]
These poor folks who only got to watch the show in reruns! They missed the "Ed Sullivan Show" too!

Ok, dumb me, what are TAGS?

I loved all the shows where Otis locked himself in the jail every Sat. night!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
Originally posted by scottchelf@Sep 15 2005, 04:49 PM
Did you know that Sheriff Andy Taylor.........

...shot a firearm only twice during all the seasons... once at a quail shoot, and another time when the men posing as a printing company came to mayberry, offered aunt Bea a job, and when Andy discovered they were counterfieting, he shot their tire as they were getting away.

...Did marry Ms. Crump (first episode of mayberry RFD)

Did you know, that Contrary to whatever the other 99.999% of the viewers of TAGS claims, there were 2 black people in the show.  They were bystanders, briefly caught in the film, toward the end of the episode I mentioned earlier about the counterfeit show.

There were 2 mayors..... Mayor Stoner & Mayor Pike

Barney Fife was sheriff....  The the 1985 movie Return to mayberry

Barney Fife & Thelma Lou got married (see Return to mayberry)

Did you know that there never was a real person assuming the character of Sarah the telephone operator.

Did you know that Hal Smith who played Otis Cambell, the town drunk, never drinked alcohol.

Did you know that Hal Morris, who played Ernest T. Bass died in 2005

Did you know that Don Knotts is older than Andy Griffith

Did you know that Don Knotts and Andy Griffith are both still alive as of 09/15/2005

Remember Leon, the kid always offering the half eating peanut butter/jelly sandwich to andy or barney, well, in real life that is Ron Howards brother.  Ron Howard played Opie in case you didn't know who Ron Howard is.

In real life, Ron Howard's mother died when lil ronnie was just a baby, thus the role of a single father.

Did you know that Opie never called andy dad.... just paw.

Did you know that Ronnie Howard's dad and Andy griffith were good friends.

Did you know that today Ronnie Howard is over 50 years old and practically bald headed. 
 


I've got more facts of TAGS that I'll share with you in the future, I want to see who knows what about the show and its characters.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100017
[/QUOTE]
You look WAY too young to know so much TAGS
triva, but I'm impressed! Those shows just get better with age. I was also (more so!) a Matlock fan!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,036 Posts
My husband and I were just discussing a few days ago that we had never seen a wife/mother...........so where did Opie come from?

I thought I saw Andy smoke on one episode....did he?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy@Sep 16 2005, 08:50 PM
My husband and I were just discussing a few days ago that we had never seen a wife/mother...........so where did Opie come from?

I thought I saw Andy smoke on one episode....did he?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100414
[/QUOTE]

I thought that the mother died, which is why Aunt Bea came to live with them ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,486 Posts
Originally posted by scottchelf@Sep 15 2005, 03:49 PM
In real life, Ron Howard's mother died when lil ronnie was just a baby, thus the role of a single father.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100017
[/QUOTE]

I love The Andy Griffith Show. I watched both the originals and the reruns. I'm confused by the part about Ron Howard's mom. Jean Speegle Howard, Ron's mother, died in 2000. He even dedicated The Grinch to her after her death. She was cast in many of his movies, as were his father, Rance, and brother Clint.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top