Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so I thought I had at least one of "everything" for dogs...but ah HA!! I found something else.....a bathtub....and this is the second week I've used it. It's great. Makes bath time so much easier. Because it's warm out now, I'm using the outdoor shower for the dogs - here's the set up...

I had someone build me a shelf that I can put up for the dogs, it's stored in two pieces in this first picture.
View attachment 87204

This is it! The tub keeps the dogs right in front of me instead of off to one corner....
View attachment 87205

Miss Ava is very good in the bath and the cushioned no slip bottom helps a lot.
View attachment 87206

So we go back in the house for drying...heck this isn't a spa :blush:
View attachment 87207

Done! And ready to get dirty again....
View attachment 87208

Honestly, I'm not trying to sell these tubs, but I am really impressed so far. Bathing all four dogs has been easier. And it also sits right in my kitchen sink - well it rests on the sides and the water runs down into the sink. The video it comes with shows it on the kitchen counter with the drain over the sink. Sorry if the pictures aren't the best, I can't get my editing program to run at the moment. :smilie_tischkante:

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
:thumbsup:pat It looks great... Can I come over and try it out? :walklikeanegyptian: Didn't we meet at the Specialty? I was only there 2 nights and wish I would have visited more with SM group! Jeanne

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Wow!!! Now I want me one of those tubs!! Miss Ava looks soooo darling wet. Oh my God I just want to kiss that perfect girl of yours!!! She's got a gorgeous little forehead!! :wub::wub::wub:

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:thumbsup:pat It looks great... Can I come over and try it out? :walklikeanegyptian: Didn't we meet at the Specialty? I was only there 2 nights and wish I would have visited more with SM group! Jeanne
Yes, we most likely met at the nationals.....there were so many people to meet!!! And I'm sure there are some people i didn't get to meet, so we better go next year too....:whistle:..,.just to make sure...

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Love the setup. That's the same tub that I had for my son 20 years ago :blush: when he was a baby. Wondering if they sell the kid ones for less than the dog ones. I've seen them at garage sales too (kids ones that is).
Love the set up but love outdoor showers sooooo much. Nothing better than them - coming in from the beach, having the sky above (and hopefully no one in a higher house who can see down :w00t::w00t:).

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love the setup. That's the same tub that I had for my son 20 years ago :blush: when he was a baby. Wondering if they sell the kid ones for less than the dog ones. I've seen them at garage sales too (kids ones that is).
Love the set up but love outdoor showers sooooo much. Nothing better than them - coming in from the beach, having the sky above (and hopefully no one in a higher house who can see down :w00t::w00t:).
Don't worry, there's a roof....:blush:....light can come through, but you can't see through it. And, I agree, nothing better than an outside shower!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
And, gf, I thought Archie, Abbey and Ava were the best investments you've made. Now I find out it's a Bath Tub. LOL Need to send the A Team out my way where they'll be appreciate.:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

Actually it does look easy for bath time.:aktion033:

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Good idea! :chili::chili:It looks like a very efficient set up. Our little Kitzi is the lst ever Maltese that loves the bath (is it the smallish bits of chicken we fed him w/the lst bath?). I have a double sink w/sprayer in kitchen so use that & have all set up w/hair dryer, etc. on the side counter---towel, etc. Some humans would not approve but I don't care---he is like my baby and it is my house. Family is family and he is cleaner than most people's kids. I am investing in a wading pool is a couple of weeks too---come on over. My husband makes a wonderful "iced-coffee"!B)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Good idea! :chili::chili:It looks like a very efficient set up. Our little Kitzi is the lst ever Maltese that loves the bath (is it the smallish bits of chicken we fed him w/the lst bath?). I have a double sink w/sprayer in kitchen so use that & have all set up w/hair dryer, etc. on the side counter---towel, etc. Some humans would not approve but I don't care---he is like my baby and it is my house. Family is family and he is cleaner than most people's kids. I am investing in a wading pool is a couple of weeks too---come on over. My husband makes a wonderful "iced-coffee"!B)
I just *have* to ask... your siggy... are you blowing cool a little tidbit for Kitzi??? :D:wub:

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your dogs look like they have no eye stain. What's your secret?
Lucky, I guess. Abbey gets stains when the seasons change...but luckily her face is clean at the moment. Guess she has allergies.

otherwise, I give them bottled spring water, make sure there's no food coloring or beets in their food and treats. Wash their faces every morning. And use ceramic or stainless steel food/water bowls. I'm always afraid of stains, so I try to stay pro-active. But like i said, Abbey is my only malt prone to stains...and if when she gets them....well...she gets them.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Pat - I just bought this tub after reading your rave review! I hope to receive it this week. I cannot deal with bending over the bathtub week after week - it's killing me! I'm so excited to try out the new tub. It says for dogs up to 20 lbs., so I hope it's not too small for Jack (12 lbs.) and Jill (10 lbs.)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts