Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys,

so the breeder not only has not contacted me but she has made it impossible for me to contact her. she is not answering ANY of my phone calls. i have tried calling from a private number and a different number all together but she is not answering the phone. what if she changed her number? she no longer has a answering machine at the number i have so i can't even leave her a message! i sent her a request for my money in full in the mail and i am hoping she will pay me back! i think she knows she did something very wrong. she not only took off the two ads on puppyfind that had the pictures of "peewee" and another cute puppy, but she also allows emails now, whereas before it was phone call ONLY. i sent her an email last night but no response yet.

i don't know if i should post her name and number so some of you can call her and tell her you know what she has done, maybe that will make her pay and maybe she will actually answer!

thanks. let me know what you guys think! i am really worried. is anybody willing to make a phone call to her?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by ourprettytessa@Apr 25 2005, 09:38 PM
okay guys,

so the breeder not only has not contacted me but she has made it impossible for me to contact her. she is not answering ANY of my phone calls. i have tried calling from a private number and a different number all together but she is not answering the phone. what if she changed her number? she no longer has a answering machine at the number i have so i can't even leave her a message! i sent her a request for my money in full in the mail and i am hoping she will pay  me back! i think she knows she did something very wrong. she not only took off the two ads on puppyfind that had the pictures of "peewee" and another cute puppy, but she also allows emails now, whereas before it was phone call ONLY. i sent her an email last night but no response yet. 

i don't know if i should post her name and number so some of you can call her and tell her you know what she has done, maybe that will make her pay and maybe she will actually answer!

thanks. let me know what you guys think! i am really worried. is anybody willing to make a phone call to her?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56634
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
the letter u sent...did u send it registered mail? at least that way she would have to sign for it and u would know she got it. this is an aweful situation she has put u in

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
okay guys,

so the breeder not only has not contacted me but she has made it impossible for me to contact her. she is not answering ANY of my phone calls. i have tried calling from a private number and a different number all together but she is not answering the phone. what if she changed her number? she no longer has a answering machine at the number i have so i can't even leave her a message! i sent her a request for my money in full in the mail and i am hoping she will pay me back! i think she knows she did something very wrong. she not only took off the two ads on puppyfind that had the pictures of "peewee" and another cute puppy, but she also allows emails now, whereas before it was phone call ONLY. i sent her an email last night but no response yet.

I went on puppyfind to check out what I was told earlier. I have a friend who puts pups for sale on this site, and she is the utmost as far as reputable (yes, there are a few there). She is the one who told me you could post a response about the breeder. I copied one on her listing, so I could show you. I would certianly let her know you are going to do this. You can also go to her website and post an email there.
Here is what I copied from the puppyfind review my friend had listed.

A BREEDER YOU CAN TRUST
I PURCHASED A PUP FROM PAT AND WAS VERY PLEASED WITH HER HONESTY, THE PUP I WAS INTERESTED IN HAD A HERNIA AND SHE TOLD ME ABOUT IT BEFORE WE CONTINUED TO TALK ABOUT THE PUP. I GIVE HER CREDIT FOR BEING TRUTHFUL. I STILL WAS VERY INTERESED IN HER, I COULD TELL FROM THE PICTURE OF HER THAT SHE HAD BEEN WELL TAKEN CARE OF. THE HERNIA WAS SMALL AND WAS TAKEN CARE OF WHEN I HAD HER SPAYED. SHE HAD ALSO GIVEN ME A PRICE REDUCTION BECAUSE OF IT TO HELP WITH THE COST FOR THE REPAIR WHILE SHE WAS SPAYED. THE VET GAVE HER A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH. WHEN SHE ARRIVED ALL HER PAPERWORK WAS IN ORDER. SHE ALSO INSISTED I CALL HER WHEN SHE ARRIVED TO MAKE SURE ALL WENT WELL. I HAVE CONTACTED HER QUITE A FEW TIMES WITH QUESTIONS AND SHE HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL. WE ARE VERY HAPPY WITH THE PUP WE NAMED HER ELLA AND SHE NOW IS INVOLVED IN AGILITY AND DOING WELL, SHE IS FAST AND FEARLESS. I GIVE PAT TWO THUMBS UP AND WOULD SUGGEST YOU CHECK HER OUT IF YOUR THINKING OF BUYING A MINIATURE SCHNAUZER.

Reviewer: Member, April 11, 2005

Now, just think what a negative rating would do to this person as it would be there anytime she posted on that site again.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureaus in her area.

I did it on line regarding my roofer that would not call me back. He called me the same day he received his letter from them. Also go on line to BBB and see if there are any complaints on her.

Also we have a TV station that has a complaint department (Action 9). They really get results out of people. Maybe check in her area for something like that.

Don't sit back and continue to keep calling her, go head on with this lady.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Do you know what her address is?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
This is such a bad situation!!!! I'm so sorry you have to go through this now. That's a lot of $$ and she's also dealing with living things, I really don't have any suggestions, but something has to be done to correct this problem. I'm just so sorry you have to go through this.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I say hold off on doing anything rash. It has only been a few days. This breeder has been in Maltese for many years. There is no reason for them to run off with your money. I am sure they have a reputation to uphold. Maybe you should try calling in a few days again. Or asking her nicely to just reply to your emails. You hope she understands your concerns.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Was the $1300.00 just for airfare? OMG
When I was going to buy my pup from Texas it was 500.00.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
She has received the puppy back, right.... so you have no puppy and no money and she has committed fraud by saying she was selling the dog in the photo when indeed it was a different dog you got.... so, if she were honest and honorable you would not even have to contact her. She should have sent you a check immediately. I am getting vibes that she may be having money trouble. I have no knowledge of this woman but I just sense this since she was desperate to sell this puppy and was not honest about it and now is not facing up to the fact, which is quite obvious, that a refund is due to you.

She is stalling... I would not wait. If she were going to refund your money she would have taken your calls and sent a check. I've seen people do this in business... hoping you will get busy and forget about it for a while or get tired of "begging" or whatever. If she is avoiding your calls that is a huge red flag. If she were going out of town she should have told you that and that the check is on the way, etc.

I would write her a Certified letter Return Receipt Requested, in which she has to sign for it, giving her 5 days to wire the money in to your bank account or have her send it via FedEx or other traceable method and give you the tracking number. Ideally, you'll do that instead of having her send a check via snail mail because I can just see her saying the check was sent and "gosh, it must be lost in the mail." If you have a friend who is an attorney it would be great for the letter to come from him/her.

If you don't get your money within the 5 days, I would write a review of her on the Puppy Find site, as someone suggested earlier and file a report with the Better Business Bureau and most importantly, I would fine a report with the attorney general's office in her state. The BBB and State will contact her with a written complaint. It may be enough to scare her into paying. BBB is really not that strong of a scare but the State is, assuming her state is like others I'm familiar with...

BTW, since she committed fraud I would ask for all fees returned including the amount paid to get the puppy sent to you and to send him back. You may or may not want to include the vet fees... It may be simpler to just "eat" the vet fees and go after those that are less easy to refute.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I was just on her website... the pic is still up on the site. Also there is a home and a cell number listed did you try both?
She has quite a few pics of dogs she has bred and finished. The other thing the site is maintained and created by someone else, seems to be she is very serious about her dogs and reputation.

She has a site of another breeder who she seems to be located close by. Maybe you can give that breeder a call and try to get in touch w/ her that way.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I scrolled through the listing and found her ad for pups Jack and Jill. Is that the boy you got? She has him listed for $800 now. If it is the one you had, it sure doesn't look like anything in the picture you had at first. Also, I see she does APR which is one of the puppymill registries.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by LucyLou@Apr 26 2005, 04:09 PM
I scrolled through the listing and found her ad for pups Jack and Jill.  Is that the boy you got?  She has him listed for $800 now.  If it is the one you had, it sure doesn't look like anything in the picture you had at first.  Also, I see she does APR which is one of the puppymill registries.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56954
[/QUOTE]

none of those dogs looked like to dog i got. this may sound mean, but he really wasn't a good looking puppy
...i tried her cell today and left her a message. i thought of calling the link of the friend she has on her site but i just left her a message so i want to giver her some time.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou@Apr 26 2005, 07:09 PM
I scrolled through the listing and found her ad for pups Jack and Jill.  Is that the boy you got?  She has him listed for $800 now.  If it is the one you had, it sure doesn't look like anything in the picture you had at first.  Also, I see she does APR which is one of the puppymill registries.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56954
[/QUOTE]
Where did you see APR? On her links page I only saw AKC ??

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jill

Breed: Maltese
Sex: Female
Birthdate: 11-15-2004 (5 months)
Champion bloodlines: Yes
Champion sired: No

Price: $1500 USD
Shipping area: Worldwide
What's included: Registered/registerable (AKC, NKC, etc.), Current vaccinations, Veterinarian examination, Health certificate, Health guarantee, Travel crate

Additional information: AKC/APR Spay & Neuter contract. Ships full United States. Contact Barbara Roark at (405)392-4717 or Email

Seller Write a review Contact seller

Barbara Roark
Blanchard, OK, United States
Home raised puppies.

LOOK AT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: that's where it says APR

1 - 20 of 39 Posts