Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read elsewhere that Jim recommended this book. Did anyone else read it? I purchased it this afternoon at Pet Smart for $17. purely on Jim's recommendation. I'm going to start reading it this evening and was wondering if anyone else could discuss it with me as I read it.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I've ordered it from Barnes & Noble and am still waiting for it. I'll let you know when mine comes.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I understand of what Jim said, the book is about communicating with your pet for a more effective means of training.

The front of the book reads: A revolutionary new way of understanding the relationship between humans and domestic dogs.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by 20202@Jan 30 2005, 04:24 PM
I read elsewhere that Jim recommended this book.  Did anyone else read it?  I purchased it this afternoon at Pet Smart for $17.  purely on Jim's recommendation.  I'm going to start reading it this evening and was wondering if anyone else could discuss it with me as I read it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32383
[/QUOTE]

I have a copy. I've only read the first part but I'm not sure I agree with the author. I think it would be great to have a "book club" on SM. This could be our first selection and we could start a thread just for the "book club"; i.e., have a thread for each book. Everyone who wants to read the book could then participate and discuss the various theories supported by the author. We could start anytime and discuss parts of it or we could set a date to be finished and discuss the whole book........

What do you all think?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i had always wanted to be part of a book club. i have A BUNCH of books. a lot of dog related stuff. how would we send it? like shipping stuff would suck.

i've never bene part of a book club!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I'll start a thread for the book now. As we get in to reading it and we have comments or discussion items we can post to that thread. I hope that is OK.... I'll get the thread started now.... I guess it would go in the Everything Else forum since our discussion is likely to be Maltese related..... OK.. let's see how this goes!

EDIT: On second thought I think this should go in the Maltese Training section since that is the main subject of the book. We might end up with other dog-related books that don't fit in "Training" but I'm going to ask Joe to move it from Everything Else to Training.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by 20202@Jan 30 2005, 03:24 PM
I read elsewhere that Jim recommended this book.  Did anyone else read it?  I purchased it this afternoon at Pet Smart for $17.  purely on Jim's recommendation.  I'm going to start reading it this evening and was wondering if anyone else could discuss it with me as I read it.
[/QUOTE]

Whose Jim?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jan 31 2005, 09:45 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-20202
@Jan 30 2005, 03:24 PM
Whose Jim?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32479
[/B][/QUOTE]

I'm guessing she means JMM.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Are you serious? His name isn't Jim?! Where did I get that JMM was in fact a Jim. Don't mind me.

And now back to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OH GOOD GRIEF. So Joe isn't Jim and Jackie isn't Joe. So who is Jim?

Let me see if I got this straight yet. Jackie is JMM who is a she. Joe is the board owner. And apparently Jim is the pool boy at the cabana in my head.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts

Hahahaha.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts