Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else seen this? I LOVE it, I absolutely adore Ceasar Milan. I wish I could keep him, no wonder dogs listen to him, I would too.

After reading Culture Clash I tended to agree with the author that dogs aren't pack oriented or have dominance issues. Since watching The Dog Whisperer I have taken a total turn in the opposite. It's so obvious what works and why. I love how he targets the issues exactly by thinking like a dog.

I'm hooked. Anybody else watch it?

The Dog Whisperer

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i wrote a thread about him a few months ago. i met him in november. it was totally awesome. i went to his dog psychology center and it was really crazy because its totally silent, and then you knock on the fence and you suddenly hear 50 dogs barking. it was a neat experience.

AND I LOVE the episode of the maltese. i have it saved on tivo.
lol

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i know people are skeptical about him...but you really have to see him in person. i have met with many dog trainers (around 5 different ones) and none of them had dogs that were as well-trained as cesar millan's. AND he had 50 of them at once. and they all listen to him as though he's their god.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
He was on Jay leno!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I dont remember! LOL He sounds really smart.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope they show a rerun of the maltese one, that would be cool. What was the maltese's issue? That would have been sooooo neat to go to his place and meet him. Did you get an autograph? Too bad I'm on the opposite coast.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
The ONE time I watched that show they had a maltese on it!
I can't remember the issue though. I think it was not pulling on the leash or something.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
the maltese episode was sooo funny. the dog totally reminded me of sprite. the dog bites when people leave. it goes aggressive around other dogs.

and no, i didnt get an autograph. i think that if i had one of his articles i would've. he didnt seem to open up to us till after an hour or so. it was really helpful to have my mom there because then they started speaking spanish to eachother and he got really friendly to us. and then he started telling us about Nanny 911 and he was like "its like what i do, but with children". LOL

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
I can't get the Nat'l Geo. channel to see Cesar Millan's show, so I did a Google search for "Dog Whisperer". There are several who train and write books and do video's on dog training that call themselve's that. I got Steve Fryer, Paul Owens, Oscar Chrisman.........all are the Dog Whisperer! Paul Owens seems to have the most books/videos, etc. at Amazon.com. So is it a 'person' or a style of training? Out of the bunch, I'll take Robert Redford as the "Horse Whisperer"!!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
cesar millan is just a dog trainer. but everyone calls him "the dog whisperer" because of his connection with the animal. so i guess thats why he made a show with that name.

it was so neat going to his center cuz we saw pit bulls, rottweilers, malamutes, and a bunch of different other breeds. there was this one rottweiler that was missing an eye.
but she was soo sweet. and there was this one pitbull with a head the size of a WATERMELON. it was HUGE! and he looked sooo scary(lots of fight scars on his face)---but he was sweet.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yea, Spottypoo. I'm hearing you on that one!!! LOL I just realized the other day that I was eagerly awaiting for the Dog Whisperer to come on tv, and it wasn't the dogs I was anxious to see. He is a hottie!! And his voice. *swooning on the floor*.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by karenbabi@May 4 2005, 07:49 PM
I think Cesar Millan aka The Dog Whisperer is going to be on Oprah next Monday 5/9!!!! 
I was just watching Extra on ABC and there was an Oprah commercial of her confessing that she has a secret daughter with her bf for the past 10 years....
And then they reveal that her daughter is her cocker spaniel Sophie who is having some issues.  And then it was announced that the dog whisperer is going to be a special guest on Oprah next week.  They didn't say his name, but I am almost 99% sure it is him!  I love his show on National Geographic!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=59847
[/QUOTE]

Not to change the subject, but I love that photo in your siggy.... love the little shirt, too ... just precious!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts