Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="font-family:Times">Hi everyone!! Im not sure if this is a silly question or not but I was wondering how do you guys groom or maintain your babies fur down there? When Peaches goes pee, the inside of her hind legs gets wet and the the fur starts to clump together. Is that part of her legs supposed to be trimmed short? Is Peaches just peeing the wrong way? </span>

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
is peaches a puppy? cuz if she is...thats normal. lol. sprite learned to lift her leg a little to not pee on her legs. LOL. and i also trim with scissors their pee area. and i shave their inner legs...just cuz i dont comb (im a bad mommy) and i dont want it to mat.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My baby is almost 6 months now and he has never lifted his leg to pee, he only squats,
i think thats sooo cute i hope he continues to pee this way. I also cut his hair shorter on his pee pee i hope this is okay.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I just gave Tic a 'sanitary' trim underneath. He pees all over himself! It's funny to watch him because when he pees he squats so low that it looks like he's really lying down
I buzzed from the middle of his belly down towards his privates, and I took a little hair off of the insides of his hind legs because they always get peed on
I also trim the hair on his winkie because it will drip.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I trim Brink's tummy pretty short...at least the back half...I also trim his wee-wee hairs...(when he lets me! I think it tickles him...
)...I agree it helps with the "dripping".. :D He doesn't tend to pee on himself...so other than that, I trim his booty area short to keep the poo from sticking in it.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@May 16 2005, 06:28 PM
I trim Brink's tummy pretty short...at least the back half...I also trim his wee-wee hairs...(when he lets me! I think it tickles him...
)...I agree it helps with the "dripping".. :D He doesn't tend to pee on himself...so other than that, I trim his booty area short to keep the poo from sticking in it.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62703
[/QUOTE]

I do the same as you as far as the tummy area and the "behind" and I also trim his pee pee for dripping purposes
I don't have a problem with him as far as peeing on himself, at least so far

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
when gruffi was a puppy....he'd pee on his chest. OH! and he still squats!!!
its cute

1 - 8 of 8 Posts