Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we just got back from the vets and doing errands, here's what's up with my girls

Matilda is doing well,:chili: the vet looked at her teeth and said she was surprised that her tooth was loose, she told me I have been doing a outstanding job on brushing their teeth:aktion033: she didn't want to put Matilda under to pull her tooth so one day she will be chewing on something and it will just fall out:bysmilie: :w00t: Matilda has to loose 2lbs:w00t: so I think the whole family will be going on a diet:whistle:

B&B also has to loose weight 3lbs for her:w00t: B&B has a ear infection:huh: and she will be having surgery:smcry:eek:ne of her nipples have turned black and is bigger then the others, the vet said just to be safe she felt we should have it taken off, they did blood work today and will call us back if they find something wrong. So it looks like next week B&B will have surgery, I'll keep you updated.
I don't know if I should be worried or not, I guess I'll just wait and see

·
Premium Member
4,905 Posts
I'm glad to hear both girls did well other than little B&B's nipple. Ouchie! Yes, do keep us posted on that. At least they both have to loose weight. It would be harder if one did and one didn't. Did you know B&B had a problem with her ear or did she keep it to herself? Poor baby.
Good for you on doing such a good job on their teeth.:aktion033: Do you use a tooth paste Paula? If so which one?
Give those two cuties kisses from us.
:smootch::smootch:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Paula,

Well if Matilda looses her tooth prior to Christmas, you'll know
what she wants.:HistericalSmiley: Aaah the dreaded weight loss, it's a
forever battle even for our fluffs. As for B&B hopefully
nothing serious, please keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm glad to hear both girls did well other than little B&B's nipple. Ouchie! Yes, do keep us posted on that. At least they both have to loose weight. It would be harder if one did and one didn't. Did you know B&B had a problem with her ear or did she keep it to herself? Poor baby.
Good for you on doing such a good job on their teeth.:aktion033: Do you use a tooth paste Paula? If so which one?
Give those two cuties kisses from us.
:smootch::smootch:
The weight would come off if dh would stop feeding them treats and his food:angry: can you tell we just had a fight about this:unsure: I had no idea B&B had a ear infection:huh: poor baby girl:bysmilie: I feel bad that I didn't catch it early.
The vet gave me tooth paste a few months ago I use C.E.T. enzymatic toothpaste, and the finger toothbrush and a childs tooth brush for the front teeth

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paula,

Well if Matilda looses her tooth prior to Christmas, you'll know
what she wants.:HistericalSmiley: Aaah the dreaded weight loss, it's a
forever battle even for our fluffs. As for B&B hopefully
nothing serious, please keep us posted.

lol knowing Matilda she will expect the tooth fairy to come:HistericalSmiley:
ugh now we will all be on (another) diet:angry: I just don't think they work:blush:
I'm not going to worry (right) about B&B until I have to

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Well I hope B&B's surgery goes well and that Matilda's tooth comes out painlessly. I'll have your girls in my thoughts.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Looks like Matilda will get a new ball under her pillow when her tooth finally falls out! Great job for taking such good care of their teeth. :)

Try not to worry about B&B's surgery, I'm sure she will be fine and the test results will be normal. I always say it's best to have those questionable things removed rather than keep having it checked.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Thanks for the update, Paula. I was thinking of you and your girls today. I will certainly keep B&B in my prayers for her upcoming surgery. :prayer: And hopefully Matilda's tooth will come out on its own without any issues.

Hugs to you and the girls. :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Paula - you must be relieved that Matilda doesn't have to go under with her tooth. You could give her a bully stick and you know it would be gone. :w00t: Sorry about B&B's surgery. I've never heard of a nipple needing to be removed. What causes a blackened nipple? Is there any other course of action? I'm sure that the surgery will go fine and I guess that's the start of her diet since she won't be able to eat before it. Wish things were better but in the grand scheme of things, they're doing really well. And good job on their teeth. Tyler's gotten used to me sticking my finger and gauze in his mouth. Don't know how much it's helping.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Paula, I hope everything goes well with both your girls and I'm so glad that for the most part their check ups were good.
Keep us posted on B&B's surgery and Matilda's tooth.
:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
'Hope it encourages you to know that we had a maltese mommie dog who had a mammary tumor once---they removed it and froze it after biopsy in the event she got another one (she never did :chili:)---it was clean:aktion033:! Women's bodies are sometimes complicated! The vet found it when she went for her health-check up to move to Greece so they operated right away and we moved---with her stitches. I ended up removing them here myself after 10 days as I didn't know how to find a vet that quickly!:innocent: She lived & so did I.
Oh the things we do for these little tykes! :wub:
Saying prayers for all of you. hugs.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
for the most part the girls sound fine , will be praying that matilda looses her tooth painlessly n that everything goes well with bb's surgery ! hugs to u !

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Paula -- glad the checkups went well. Green beans will get the weight off pretty quickly. Mix 1/4 cup of their regular food with 1/2 cup of green beans. This will fill them up (like lettuce does for humans) and will get the weight off pretty quickly.

I'm sending prayers for B&B's nipple. I'm sure it's nothing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts