Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as a few of you guys know I was going to a pet fair in Lubbock to sell my Bows. This is how it went.

Good: The couple Runing the Fair where very organized and helpful. I had fun Spending time with a friend of mine. I almost Broke even as far as earnnings. The gas from Austin to Lubbock is what hurt me there. I have several future customers and businesses lined up with orders coming in.

Bad: I was so mad at my self I get all the way to Lubbock and I remember I left my Business cards in my room. I thought it looked soooo unprofessional to write down my information instead of having cards like every other business there.

Ugly: Shotrtly after I met a few fellow SM members( Thanks for coming and buying my bows) A lady approached my booth looking at my products. I asked her what kind of Puppy she had and she showed me her maltese. I was in a clear purse and it could even walk yet. It had Pee pee and Poo on its bottem. I was shocked I asked how old she was and she said 6 weeks. In my experience with Prissys puppies it had to be about 4 weeks. I had no idea what to do. My BF John was there and when he saw the baby he gabbed my hand cause he knew I was freaking out. It was obvious this lady had no clue. Even if the pup was 6 weeks it hasnt finished its shots why would they bring them. There where breeders there with puppys that culd have dieases. I didnt know what to saw I just sold her two clips and she left.

I have a hard time telling someone how bad soemthing is that they are doing with out sounding bitchy (mainly when it comes to animals). I couldnt and still cant believe what I saw.

I just had to share

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
OH my goodness, I saw her as we were leaving and I couldn't believe that was a real dog in there. I don't know why in the world she was out with a puppy that young in a plastic bag where it could probably barely breath. I was too shocked to say anything and I knew if I did say something she might have slapped me.
I wonder where she got that puppy and who would let it go so young. -_-

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Mystify79@Jun 15 2005, 10:39 PM
OH my goodness, I saw her as we were leaving and I couldn't believe that was a real dog in there.  I don't know why in the world she was out with a puppy that young in a plastic bag where it could probably barely breath.  I was too shocked to say anything and I knew if I did say something she might have slapped me. 
  I wonder where she got that puppy and who would let it go so young.  -_-
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=72952
[/QUOTE]

She came in with the puppy so she didnt get it there but there is no way that baby will live

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by scrappy@Jun 15 2005, 09:50 PM

Did you suggest she log onto SM where she would find lots of  Maltese lovers 

Cos she sure sounds like she needed help. 

Glad the fair went well. 

Business cards......naughty.  You should never leave home without them you just never know when you will need them

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=72940
[/QUOTE]

I did tell her about sma nd she said she didnt have access to the internet. I now keep my cards in my purse I met a lady at mcdonalds who wanted one. You never know.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I will bet she probably got that poor little baby from a pet shop or puppy mill. I am sure glad I wasn't there because it would have been worth a slap to tell her how stupid and irresponsible she was.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Have you seen the idiots who bring their newborn babies to the mall or the grocery store?

Some people have no common sense.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Jun 16 2005, 07:23 AM
Have you seen the idiots who bring their newborn babies to the mall or the grocery store?

Some people have no common sense.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=72993
[/QUOTE]

I took both my newborns to Walmart. My son when he was 3 days old, and my daughter when she was 2 or 3 days, I really can't remember. When you have no family around and your husband must go back to work, you are really limited in your options.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
When my children were babies, my pediatrician told me in no uncertain terms to keep my babies away from crowds until at least 6 weeks old. They were both born in the winter, flu season, which was especially risky.

I didn't have any family close either, so I did all my grocery shopping, etc. at night when my ex-husband got home. It was actually a nice break to get out of the house. We were in California when my daughter was an infant and they had a 24 hour grocery store 5 minutes away. I'd shop sometimes at 11:00 at night!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I understand...but we made it fine. Both my kids are healthy as horses.
We did not have 24 hour stores around here. In order to go after hubby got home, it would have been a 2 hour trip JUST to drive. I nursed both my kids, so couldn't be away that long. My kids were also born in mid April and July, not cold/flu season.
Doctors/pediatricians also have different practices/philosophies. Everyone has different circumstances. Just didn't think it was fair to say these people had no common sense.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow. Sounds like she was totally clueless. I too have to try to watch how I respond to things. But still, that poor puppy is now in unsafe hands because of a clueless owner.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Jun 16 2005, 08:16 AM
I understand...but we made it fine. Both my kids are healthy as horses.
We did not have 24 hour stores around here. In order to go after hubby got home, it would have been a 2 hour trip JUST to drive. I nursed both my kids, so couldn't be away that long. My kids were also born in mid April and July, not cold/flu season.
Doctors/pediatricians also have different practices/philosophies. Everyone has different circumstances. Just didn't think it was fair to say these people had no common sense.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73001
[/QUOTE]

I had premature twins who were both breast fed. I didn't get out for weeks. My husband learned to do the grocery shopping after he closed the office. He then came home and helped me with our two little ones. He had been waiting on me for months before they were born because I was confined to bed.
You know, as I write this, I wonder if this is why I'm so protective of my little Maltese pups.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts