Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You'll have to make do with just a description, but anyway, I asked the groomer to just trim up his face and make his face pretty. I requested that she cut the hair on his snout quite short because he gets it scummy looking quickly. Well, the way she cut the hair around his mouth, he has this gigantic grin on his face all the time. I just laugh every time I look at him, grinning up at me.
Can't wait to see how Little C is going to turn out...she's there now. :D

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Little C is back and adorable. The groomer took a bit more off the top of the head than I was wanting, but it's not butchered or anything, so I'm fine with it. No grin for Little C. :D

Sir N is declining all bribes to grin for the camera. He is passed out on the floor next to me. Grooming takes a lot out of him. He stresses because he wants to please the groomer. He really likes her and wants to do what she wants him to do, but since she doesn't speak English, they have a hard time communicating.
The vet told me that she was laughing while grooming him because he insisted on keeping his mouth wide open with tongue hanging out. Don't imagine that made for an easy groom!

She tried to charge me the equivalent of $10 total for the both of them together.
She has no idea how much her services are worth. I gave her double and had to run out of the place to keep her from giving it back. I mean, jeesh....she's charging about $5 an hour!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Wow that is a very good price and great value for money. I am pleased both grooms turned out so well for you.
Scooby's groomer is excellent and she charges $28 and I think that is very reasonable for his trim, bath, anal glands and ears.
Isn't it funny though how they open their mouth wide when we groom their face, Scooby does that too and sometimes I have to hold his little mouth closed while I wash and brush his mustache.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I can't get him to grin like he was doing yesterday. Guess I giggled at him too much and now he's self-conscious. I thought I was going to get the perfect pic, but he quit grinning just as I clicked.
Anyway, it's still cute:

Here are both of them. We went halfways up a mountain to go play in a graveyard. (Hey, it's the best place that has grass but is not swimming with trash)

And here is just Little C:

And here they both are, pre-hair-cut. No, not in jail....just up on their balcony that I had built for them so that they can keep an eye on all the goings-on in the park across the street.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
AWWW! I love the first picture. Wished you would have posted it upside down so it would be right side up! LOLOLOL They both look perfect.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I actually printed up a bunch of pics I took that day in a sort of collage to hang up on my wall.....and I included that pic just as it is. :D I like it because that's how *I* always see him. He has a habit of sticking his head between my legs and then looking up at me. It's one of his favorite positions.
Rather embarassing when he does it in public when I'm wearing a skirt though....that gets lots of giggles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts