Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love to watch GOOD movies. I lived in Nashville all my life so I'm totally bored of it so I totally appreciate and over analyze the movies I go to. I really don't have a life!

Anyway, did anyone watch the Grudge!? I usually don't care for scary movies. I watched it and I'm so glad I watched it with my bf. Poor thing, he had no circulation in his whole arm because I was holding him so tight. I was so scared, at one point, I wanted to walk out. I know that the story itself was sorta "ehe" but it does scare you S***less. I HATE SCARY MOVIES! My cousin's friend has the japanese (original) version. She has part 1 and 2. There's 4 parts total. The Japanese version is much more gruesome! I must be stupid :ph34r: .

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i havent seen the movie yet..im so stupid myself i dont watch TV and i didnt even know what you were talking about..didnt know it was originally japanese either..

ooo yeah ur bf is from acardia? huh? (or was it alhambra? sorry..
)

wow small world !! i go to alhambra often to get boba from tea station..they have the best boba there!!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I have all 4 Japanese original DVDs and they are pretty jumpy. However, if you like movies where the story line developes slowly and having the movie intensify as it moves throughout the plot; the Grudge is not for you.

It's mainly just scary scenes IN YOUR FACE over and over again. It will leave you with questions such as WHY DID CHARACTER X DO THIS OR THAT... The American remake was not as good as the Japanese because:

a. After the initial shock wore off, many audience members burst in laughter...
b. things lose meaning when translated...
c. Sarah michelle Geller's line: The whole time I was in that house... I felt something was wrong.... GEE YOU ThINK? lol

But with that said, since many of you probably haven't seen the original, it may be a fun movie to watch, for one time, after all, it is Holloween =0

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by mee@Oct 26 2004, 02:19 AM
i havent seen the movie yet..im so stupid myself i dont watch TV and i didnt even know what you were talking about..didnt know it was originally japanese either..

ooo  yeah ur bf is from acardia? huh? (or was it alhambra? sorry..
)

wow small world !! i go to alhambra often to get boba from tea station..they have the best boba there!! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13281
[/QUOTE]

Like TOTALLY SHUT UP! lol. We don't have boba here. Well, not the good kind. Just them nasty powdery kind. BLAH. My bf use to live in Alhambra. I always told him if we lived there, I'd never cook and would gain lots of weight! Such good, cheap food there. AND I LOVE DIMSUM! I'm not a morning person, but I'd wake up for DimSum! Have you ever eaten at Cocary???? OH MY GOSH, I TOTALLY MISS IT THERE! Love good korean food!

And Paris, You're totally right. It's definitely no Gothika! Don't expect that. But I think it's better than alot of other scary movies. And Sarah Michelle got paid oodles of money for showering and saying like 4 lines.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Originally posted by Paris'Mom@Oct 26 2004, 05:37 AM
I have all 4 Japanese original DVDs and they are pretty jumpy.  However, if you like movies where the story line developes slowly and having the movie intensify as it moves throughout the plot; the Grudge is not for you.

It's mainly just scary scenes IN YOUR FACE over and over again.  It will leave you with questions such as WHY DID CHARACTER X DO THIS OR THAT...  The American remake was not as good as the Japanese because:

a.  After the initial shock wore off, many audience members burst in laughter...
b.  things lose meaning when translated...
c.  Sarah michelle Geller's line:  The whole time I was in that house... I felt something was wrong.... GEE YOU ThINK? lol

But with that said, since many of you probably haven't seen the original, it may be a fun movie to watch, for one time, after all, it is Holloween =0
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13285
[/QUOTE]

I saw it, it totally scare The Living Crap out of me!!!!!!!! I thought I was going to have a panic attack and die right in the theatre! I asked my baby to take me home like 3 times, but he just kept laughing. I even didn't see a couple of parts because I had my face buried in his arm pit LOL!

But you are right, as far as the actual plot goes, there are a LOT of questions. But one in particular for me is, WHY is that little boy half cat? What the HECK does a cat have to do with the story? And why do those fingers come out of SMG's head? I totally did not get that part.

But I am still scared from that movie. I cannot watch the previews anymore.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Oct 26 2004, 10:38 AM
Like TOTALLY SHUT UP!  lol.  We don't have boba here.  Well, not the good kind.  Just them nasty powdery kind.  BLAH.  My bf use to live in Alhambra.  I always told him if we lived there, I'd never cook and would gain lots of weight!  Such good, cheap food there.  AND I LOVE DIMSUM!  I'm not a morning person, but I'd wake up for DimSum!  Have you ever eaten at Cocary???? OH MY GOSH, I TOTALLY MISS IT THERE!  Love good korean food! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13316
[/QUOTE]

ur making me drool ~!!~ its 3am right now!!

so hungry.............

actually no, i havent heard of Cocary..where is it?? what do they sell there?/

oo u love korean food?
i love korean food too ~ coz im korean~ hehe

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by mee+Oct 28 2004, 04:45 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Oct 26 2004, 10:38 AM
Like TOTALLY SHUT UP!  lol.  We don't have boba here.  Well, not the good kind.  Just them nasty powdery kind.  BLAH.  My bf use to live in Alhambra.  I always told him if we lived there, I'd never cook and would gain lots of weight!  Such good, cheap food there.  AND I LOVE DIMSUM!  I'm not a morning person, but I'd wake up for DimSum!  Have you ever eaten at Cocary???? OH MY GOSH, I TOTALLY MISS IT THERE!  Love good korean food! 

so hungry.............

oo u love korean food?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13607
[/B][/QUOTE]

you all are def. talking a foreign language to me! :wacko:

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by tlunn+Oct 28 2004, 06:03 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 28 2004, 04:45 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Oct 26 2004, 10:38 AM

so hungry.............

oo u love korean food?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13607

[/QUOTE]

you all are def. talking a foreign language to me! :wacko:

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13615
[/B][/QUOTE]

HAHA. TLUNN--We're talking about some GOOD GOOD asian food.

And Mee--I said it before and I'll say it again...LIKE SHUT UP...TOTALLY! I don't care what time it is. At least you're a drive away! There's even 24 hr vietnamese restaurants open there! I'm freaking 2000 miles away! lol
I'll let you know where Cocary is when my bf comes home. I think it's off of Garvey or Garfield, but kinda think of it, everything is near there. It is to die for. But you leave smelling like food and feeling all oily because you cook your own food. I miss the watermelon juice. You go to there frig and pick out dishes that you want to cook. YUMMI IN THE TUMMI.

And you're korean? You wouldn't have a recipe for bulgogi, would ya? LOL

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Ooooh. Now you've got my mouth watering because I just LOVE Korean food. My husband and I have a couple of fav places we go to for the barbeque cooked at the table grill. I could eat KimBob every day and Kimchee and the soups and all the side dishes.....you never know what goodies you're going to get because they change them from time to time.

Funny story: My (ex) sister-in-law is Korean and when I first met her she had just moved with my brother to the U.S. and they were visiting with me here in San Antonio and she was going to make a Korean meal for us. Well, the Korean chili behaves differently from the Texas chili. She was accustomed to judging how much to put in by the color the food took on and no matter how MUCH Texas chili powder she put in, she couldn't get the right color. Well, even she couldn't eat that dish, it was sooooo hot! But the bulgogi was to die for....

I lost the recipe in a move. My new sister-in-law is Thai so I'm hoping to learn how to cook a whole new cuisine. Not that I make Korean food. It is a very complex cuisine so I prefer to patronize the restaurants that do such a good job.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I love Korean food too.. but man you just cannot get it out here at all.. it's very sad. I love the bulgogi... at least what I was told was bulgogi :ph34r: .. correct me if I'm wrong, I'm in Texas afterall I found this recipe online to try and make it again and it was pretty darn tasty whatever it is

2 pounds lean beef tenderloin
1/2 cup light soy sauce
1/4 cup dark soy sauce
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
3 teaspoons crushed garlic
2 teaspoons finely minced ginger
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons white sesame seeds, toasted and ground
1 tablespoon sesame oil

MARINADE: Cut meat across the grain into very thin slices and then narrow strips. Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, pepper or chili, sesame seeds and green onions. Marinate beef at least 3 hours, refrigerated. Remove beef from the marinade. Cook to desired doneness.[/B]

·
Registered
939 Posts
Oh boy, this is great!

My whole family loves Korean, Thai and Japanese and Indian food (along with many others... living in texas we have some great Mexican food) we eat out 3 - 5 times a week and always something ethnic; traditional American food is so boring! I would love to see more recipes posted! We just had Bim Bim Bop and Buk Duk Ki (sp?) for lunch today and a small Korean grocery store that has a small kitchen in the back. It is the most authentic we have found in Austin and at only $5 a dish it is a great deal!

Judi

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We're suppose to be talking about The Grudge! HAHAHAAHAHA How did we get to talking about food! LOL

Anyway, I've seen alot of recipes on the net for bul gogi, but I can't get it quite right. I want it a certain way. I've been to 4 korean restaurants and they don't seem to have that much ingredients. I dont know. One recipe calls for pear juice.

My bf LOVES bi bim bop. And I LOVE the jap chae, the clear skinny noodle stirfry. And I love there side dishes. There's this jelly looking thing called MOOK that I love so much. And their pickled cucumber is to die for! I don't know what happen to the korean restaurants here, but they suck so bad! They use to be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good, but now they both suck! One place had new owners and the other place changed the way they marinate everything! Pretty much went cheap on their ingredients! FREAKS!

I'm vietnamese, so of course, I love Viet food. I love Thai, but I don't understand why it's THAT expensive. I love japanese terriyaki steak, sushi and shrimp tempura! And I love authentic chinese food. Most of you guys had not so authentic chinese food. But the real stuff is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

Cocary is located at 112 N Garfield Ave, Monterey Park, CA. Not that easy to find. It's not a place you see from the streets because it's in a shopping center.

I guess to get back on the subject I can say not to eat these while watching the Grudge! HAHAHAHAH jk

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
im drooling again.....

Korea town is about a 30 minute drive from my area..
theres no korean restaurant here in Pasadena that i know of..pretty sad.....

im korean..

but i dont like cooking !!!!!

so i dont know how to cook any korean food..hehe..im so lazy.. :wacko:

so hungry............

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mee- I'd say SHUT UP to you again, but I don't know how to cook much either
. I make great chicken though, but it's my recipe, not really "vietnamese." LOL

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, I watched part 1 and 2 of the Japanese version of the Grudge. I fell asleep watching part 1 because it was closely related to the american version. American version was scarier. Better special effects and music. Part 2 sorta freak me out. It was aiite.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Nov 1 2004, 01:11 PM
Mee- I'd say SHUT UP to you again, but I don't know how to cook much either
.  I make great chicken though, but it's my recipe, not really "vietnamese."  LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14299
[/QUOTE]

haha i'll say shut up to u back ~ heheh
its 10:30am..i didnt get any sleep..im working on my portfolio for school...hungry......

how was everybody's halloween last night? jongee was so stressed coz of the strange noises and ppl coming to the door..my poor baby

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Nov 1 2004, 01:38 PM
Our Halloween was very uneventful.  Toby coped rather well.  What "freaked" him out the most was the doorbell decided to die on us, so hubby was trying to get the thing fixed and kept ringing the bell to test it--it hyped up both dogs.  After all that, we only ended up with 9 trick-or-treaters.  

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14304
[/QUOTE]

only 9 ?? woa thats a lot compared to me ~

i only got 4 !!!!

i had to say byebye to the first 2 ppl coz we didnt have anything to give them <_< so later my roommate and me went to buy stuff..came back at around 8pm..

we were waiting for anybody to come !!!!!!

but only 2 more came......

i want to put up a sign around the neiborhood for "left over trick or treats" today

didnt even get the chance to give it out to anybody !!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts