Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lexi has done this twice. It is such a pain to clean up. The first time she did it it was the day after laundry day so I had to do special loads. Plus it had soaked all the way down to the sheets. YUCK! What made me mad was it was on my month old $90 white cotton duvet!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Maxi did this for about a month twice a week
i would come home from work and he peed on my bed all i did was the wash because my brilliant friend taught him how to get on but he was too small to get off the bed i never yelled at him because it was too late when i saw it, so i went and bought a step stool which he was afraid to climb down on and than a light bulb went off in my head

put the chair next to the bed and once i did that he was able to get on and off and he never did it again
how old is your baby? anyway give it sometime believe me when i use to come home to pee on my bed i was livid but just like a baby you have to show them good luck

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Nov 22 2004, 06:15 PM
My perfect puppy peed on my bed last night.  This was around 10:30 last night.  Her previous pee was around 10:30 that morning, so it was a LOT!  It soaked right through the bedding on got onto my heat pad and soaked it as well.  It took me forever to soak up as much as I could with tissues and the whole time, the heat pad was heating the pee which made the smell even worse. 

I've also figured out that what I thought was yellow bile puke on my bed yesterday was actually some pee.  That brat!  That twerp!

So, she slept in that dog cage I had bought when I first got her.  I put it next to the bed, right where my face is.  She whimpered a little, but seemed to know why she was in there.  This morning, she almost didn't want to come out of it.

Now, the bedroom door is shut to keep her from going in there and Noodle keeps going there and pawing at the door sadly...he loves napping on that heat pad.

Why on earth would she suddenly start peeing on my bed after months of using only the piddle pad??????
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17954
[/QUOTE]

Abby did this once too. I was half asleep and moved my leg, only to feel this wet patch. It was HUGE. :eek: I was just in shock. I forgot she was there and actually THOUGHT I HAD WET THE BED!!! :new_Eyecrazy: I had been in a deep sleep, so I was in complete shock to think that I could have wet the bed at 21 years old!!!
Anyway, then I remembered the little white fluffball in my bed with me.... NOT IMPRESSED

I had to sleep on the couch because it was just so big and went all the way through my blankets and stuff. Because I'd just moved in, I didn't have spare blankets, so I had to put heaps of clothes on and just use the cover from the couch.

I thought "Right, If I have to be uncomfortable for the rest of the night so do you! So I put her in her play pen without the toys and stuff, with just her blanket on the floor.
DIDN'T WORK -_- Turns out I was so tired that I left the door to her pen open. She went straight out after I'd gone to sleep and slept in her nice cosy little basket for the night

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Sometimes peeing or pooping on the bed can be a behavioral issue, basically saying "*@!&!" on you when your Malt is mad at you. Dogs know that your bed is like your den and they will soil or wet it or even destroy it (A friend's Golden ripped their mattress apart one night when she and her husband went out for dinner and the dog was was angry!) Another friend with 2 Maltese had a terrible time with separation anxiety in one of her girls. Her Malt would pick up on signs of her getting ready to leave - putting on perfume, using the curling iron, etc. and urinate on her bed.

If she does it again, try to notice if anything triggered it.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
When Kodie was about 4 or 5 months old i think... he was sleeping in my bed with me and when I woke up he left me a present! Two little poos!!!
They were probably around 1/2in each... cause he was only around 1lb at that time... thanx god!! He was all curled up by my head and looked at me with these innocent eyes!
He has never peed though... <knock on wood!>
Anyway,... i figured it was because he couldnt hold it and maybe i didnt hear him if he was crying... since it only happened once.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Tuffy has pulled this stunt with me twice. Once on a bedspread I had on the floor and another time on our BRAND NEW bedspread on the bed.. luckily it was folded over so the pee didn't soak into the mattress. I don't know what came over him, but he had a very satisfied look on his face afterward.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS POST!! My boyfriend and I thought Tini was the only one... Tini has peed on the bed a total of 4 times since I have had her. The first time was my fault, it was the day after I brought her home and I was having so much fun just being cuddely! Who knows about the second two becuase I didn't realize them until a few days later (I know, GROSS :new_Eyecrazy: ) but it has to be really sunny in my room for me to see it on my comforter... and the last time she did it when I was sleeping I felt a sudden warmth on my knee

I'm just happy I'm not the only one!!!!!!!!
I tried to have her sleep in her crate again after the last time, but she was crying and so I cracked... I would rather have her in bed with me anyway...

·
Registered
994 Posts
I believe its a learning process and i dont feel like its a behavior problem
we have to teach them as if you were training your baby to go on the potty
once Maxi had the know how to get off the bed it stopped when he see's a wee wee pad he knows thats where he has to go other than outside

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
at night, since it's been cold around here---it seems as though gruffi cant hold his pee that long. so now we're going to have to drag him out of the couch! i hate that!! lol. anyway, so in the middle of the night, he'll start crying. and really softly too. i dont know how long he'll do it. but i'll wake up and be all groggy and hear him do it still for 3 minutes straight. it sounds REALLY CUTE!! and then my sister will take him out(i always stay in bed cuz i'm soo tired). and if he has diahhrea, he'll hit the bell hanging off the door knob and cry a little louder. he sounds like chewbaca!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts