Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Richard just took our guests back to the retirement home - three ladies - ages 82, 84 and 87.

We have had them for the past three years for dinner, on Thanksgiving Eve. These are the same ladies that Nicholas and Emily visited every week, for nearly ten years.

We had a nice dinner; they (the ladies) even had Baileys with their coffee! Unreal.

They adore Richard, he is so kind to them - and makes them laugh constantly.

Look whose waiting for Tyler to arrive - - - he was a "no show" -

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh poor Barron! Maybe Tyler will visit one day!

My goodness Allie, you and Richard must be some of the most generous people I know! God bless the both of you for being so caring to those lovely ladies! I truly hope one day we can meet, it would be an honor!

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Allie you and Richard are what Thanksgiving is all about, what a wonderful loving couple you are. You really touched my heart tonight. Three sweet beautiful women were loved on tonight, I'm sure they will be talking about this for sometime, Happy Thanksgiving to you both

Barron maybe Tyler was held up because of the airlines:wub:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Sweet Allie, You and your husband are just wonderful. It brings tears to my eyes just knowing the joy you brought to those ladies. God bless you and have a very Happy Thanksgiving. Give Barron and Lucy-lu hugs and kisses.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
So that's who your guest were.:wub::wub::wub: Oh Allie, you and Richard are so wonderful. I know you made their year for them, being invited to your annual, beautiful pre-thanksgiving dinner. Tyler is sending regrets. He was thinking of flying but when he watched the news reports and the references to protesting TSA agents "feeling his junk":w00t:(do you believe they can even say that on tv these days?) he felt like some of his junk wasn't only felt a few months back but removed (in the vets office) so he wasn't taking any chances. :new_shocked: So instead he had to suffer through the dreaded BATH :bysmilie:tonight so he'd smell sweet and clean for tomorrow. He does want to meet Barron and Lucy but thinks driving might be safer for him. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,980 Posts
. . . and those 3 sweet, little ladies are already counting down the days until next Thanksgiving! I'll bet all of their friends in "the home" got to share vicariously at brecking this morning.
Great investment Allie & Richard!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
On this Thanksgiving Morning, your post warmed my heart. What a lovely thing to do and I know you made their evening.......Happy Thanksgving to you and your whole family!!!!:wub:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Wow that was so nice of you and Richard. You are both very special people and I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving Day. From your neighbours to the north...and west...

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Allie- That is very kind of you and Richard! I'm sure those ladies appreciate Thanksgiving at your house more than you will ever know! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
You guys are so sweet. What an extra special treat that was for the ladies....life is always more exciting when you have something to look forward to. :chili:

.....:blink:.....maybe that's what keeps the old guys coming to dinner here every Saturday night......:unsure:.....no nursing home, but they're all in their 80's. I may grumble, but I enjoy every minute of it.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
I bought a higher capacity SD card for my camera to take on my trip. Anyway, I just took pictures of my Thanksgiving tables all set to show you....and it says "card error" !!!! :w00t::smilie_tischkante: OMG! ....so...never mind...

my last 2gb card was SD and this one is 8gb SDHC - anyone know what SDHC means???

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
I bought a higher capacity SD card for my camera to take on my trip. Anyway, I just took pictures of my Thanksgiving tables all set to show you....and it says "card error" !!!! :w00t::smilie_tischkante: OMG! ....so...never mind...

my last 2gb card was SD and this one is 8gb SDHC - anyone know what SDHC means???
Standard Definition High Capacity I would think. But what the heck that means, not sure. It's standard Def Vs Hi Def which I would assume is your camera. HD is usually video cams. And High capacity should hold more. Should work. Is the card in the right way?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Richard just took our guests back to the retirement home - three ladies - ages 82, 84 and 87.

We have had them for the past three years for dinner, on Thanksgiving Eve. These are the same ladies that Nicholas and Emily visited every week, for nearly ten years.

We had a nice dinner; they (the ladies) even had Baileys with their coffee! Unreal.

They adore Richard, he is so kind to them - and makes them laugh constantly.

Look whose waiting for Tyler to arrive - - - he was a "no show" -
Oh Allie, the setting is beautiful and so is the lovely Thanksgiving Eve tradition that you have, for three very special people. You are aces Allie.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Hugs,
Christine, Mia and Leo

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Your table looks beautiful and your heart even more so!!! :) What a lovely lovely thing...and I think it's terrific they all had Baileys in their coffees...little firecrackers!!! HAHAHA!!! xoxoxo

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh poor Barron! Maybe Tyler will visit one day!

My goodness Allie, you and Richard must be some of the most generous people I know! God bless the both of you for being so caring to those lovely ladies! I truly hope one day we can meet, it would be an honor!
Hopefully, we will meet Tyler and Sue the next time we're in NYC or if they come our way - it would be lovely.

I say, you pack those kids and fluffs up. and come to the coast of NH next summer for a visit! ;)

Allie you and Richard are what Thanksgiving is all about, what a wonderful loving couple you are. You really touched my heart tonight. Three sweet beautiful women were loved on tonight, I'm sure they will be talking about this for sometime, Happy Thanksgiving to you both

Barron maybe Tyler was held up because of the airlines:wub:
Awww, Paula, you are so sweet - Hugs

Sweet Allie, You and your husband are just wonderful. It brings tears to my eyes just knowing the joy you brought to those ladies. God bless you and have a very Happy Thanksgiving. Give Barron and Lucy-lu hugs and kisses.
Mary, thank you - actually they, our little friends, give us so much joy - their stories are priceless - I love learning from them - I make the BEST pie crust because of Bea (one of the ladies) she is responsible for teaching me to make a "killer crust" ;)

So that's who your guest were.:wub::wub::wub: Oh Allie, you and Richard are so wonderful. I know you made their year for them, being invited to your annual, beautiful pre-thanksgiving dinner. Tyler is sending regrets. He was thinking of flying but when he watched the news reports and the references to protesting TSA agents "feeling his junk":w00t:(do you believe they can even say that on tv these days?) he felt like some of his junk wasn't only felt a few months back but removed (in the vets office) so he wasn't taking any chances. :new_shocked: So instead he had to suffer through the dreaded BATH :bysmilie:tonight so he'd smell sweet and clean for tomorrow. He does want to meet Barron and Lucy but thinks driving might be safer for him. :thumbsup:
Someday, Sue - we are going to the city next month - maybe, if you're around, you, Jim and Tyler could come over to my MIL for cocktails. I'll be in touch.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's so sweet.We get attatched to the folks we visit at the nursing home. Amazing theyre still able to go out after all these years!
Actually Michelle, they all have their own little apartments within the retirement home - it's like a little village - it's very, very nice. These ladies belong to the womens group that I have belonged to for 15 years - we play bridge once a month - attend the garden clubs - they are the best!

. . . and those 3 sweet, little ladies are already counting down the days until next Thanksgiving! I'll bet all of their friends in "the home" got to share vicariously at brecking this morning.
Great investment Allie & Richard!
Sandi, Richard brings the fluffs to see them once a month - they also come to the womens group that I belong to - and the garden club, book club and craft club - we live in a very small town -

On this Thanksgiving Morning, your post warmed my heart. What a lovely thing to do and I know you made their evening.......Happy Thanksgving to you and your whole family!!!!:wub:
Thank you Dianne, the same to you and your family.

Allie- That is very kind of you and Richard! I'm sure those ladies appreciate Thanksgiving at your house more than you will ever know! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
They actually give us far more than we could give them - they give us a glimpse to the past.

·
Premium Member
13,437 Posts
What a nice way to spend Thanksgiving and to know that you all met and became friends from visiting with your pups is so sweet.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You guys are so sweet. What an extra special treat that was for the ladies....life is always more exciting when you have something to look forward to. :chili:

.....:blink:.....maybe that's what keeps the old guys coming to dinner here every Saturday night......:unsure:.....no nursing home, but they're all in their 80's. I may grumble, but I enjoy every minute of it.
LMAO, ya neva know!

Oh Allie, the setting is beautiful and so is the lovely Thanksgiving Eve tradition that you have, for three very special people. You are aces Allie.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Hugs,
Christine, Mia and Leo
Thank you Christine - I hope that you had a wonderful day also -

Your table looks beautiful and your heart even more so!!! :) What a lovely lovely thing...and I think it's terrific they all had Baileys in their coffees...little firecrackers!!! HAHAHA!!! xoxoxo
Eileen, I didn't even think that they knew what Bailey's was - my husband asked if they wanted cream or Baileys with their coffee - they all responded "Baileys with whipped cream" . . . I ask if they had it often, they said "Yes!" everything Thanksgiving - right here. Too much!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts