Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RIP my dear Kippers.

Today i rattle around my home picking up squeaky toys, food bowls, and tug-a-war socks, yes Kippers, you won Davids favorite sock.

I thank everyone on this forum for kind words and thoughts on how I would know when it was time. You were right.

15 years Kippers has shared our lives When we found her, we never imagined the ride she would take us on. Named Kippers, because she smelled like a stinky fish my husband ate at breakfase.

We bought a farm because Kippers need a large area to run, With Kippers great nose, she became trained as a service dog to sniff seizures that plagued my son, and in her older years, she was the reason we invented the Piddle Place Best indoor pet potty.

Because of Kippers and the Piddle Place, thousands of shelter dogs were saved. Kippers improved my health with that ..."hey, you look tired, but it's time to go for a run" look. Pressing squeaky toys to my leg when I was sad and protecting my home from bears and killer squirrels.

Goodbye my dear family. I will take you to the Greenbriar river where you will run free, a place where the birds are too fat to fly away, Run and give a sloppy kiss to Paul, our son, Joe, my father, and meet Dudley and Dewey. I am so blessed to have shared my life with such an amazing creature. Thank you God for the joy my Kippers has brought to my life.

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 6px;">

</div>

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Kathleen, I am so very sorry for your loss of Kippers.
What a life she had - all the good things she did. Pretty amazing.
Thinking of you and your family. :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
23,986 Posts
:crying:I'm sorry Kathy, our fluffs just don't live long enough, it's hard to say good bye to one who loves unconditional, who's always there to bring sunshine to our hearts, always there to give kisses, lick tears and content to just be with us. Kipper's you were that for mommy and daddy. Run free sweetheart,
I believe in a place in heaven we call it down here Rainbow Bridge, I think your Kipper has a new body, running free from pain

I love your picture the memories will help you get through the bad times

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I am so sorry. It sounds like you gave Kippers an amazing life and you will always have a guardian angel watching from above. Run Free

·
Registered
296 Posts
So sorry to read this about Kippers. Hugs to you and your family. He sure did help make this place a better world!

·
Premium Member
23,996 Posts
Kathleen - I'm so very sorry about your loss of Kippers. :smcry: It's always the hardest thing in the world to say goodbye. But I also always think that despite the pain of having to let them go, that none of us would ever for a second have rathered not having them in our lives at all to save the pain. I know that Kippers was loved so much and she depended on you to know it was time and let her leave with peace and dignity. I hope for healing for you and I know we all send a big virtual hug to you. :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
13,413 Posts
Kippers was beautiful and had such a good life, I'm so sorry for your loss. Just seeing your photo and imagining your home, she had a wonderful place to live and explore. I'm also sorry for your other losses, how sad to lose your son and other family members.

·
Premium Member
17,196 Posts
"There is no friend, like an old friend" and your Kippers was tried & true. . . saying good-bye is painful---but there comes the day when we know the time has come and that last unselfish act must be faced. I send you loving condolences. I trust you will have many happy, sweet memories to stay your heart as you grieve a loss that we all understand. May you find peace in knowing that Kippers was so loved & cared for and may your sweet memories replace the tears that spill over at the thought of her leaving you. It takes time but the sun will shine again & you will know that she is keeping an eye out for you. xoxo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts