Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to get something for Paris. She is 7 months old and her little tummy has some flaky skin on it. I started her on California Natural Lamb & Rice about a week and a half ago. I have read about using The Missing Link, 3v Caps, and Lipiderm. I tried the Lipiderm earlier but it smelled so bad she wouldn't eat her food. Is The Missing Link as good as what I've been reading?? Please help, I don't know which to get...

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@May 26 2005, 10:20 AM
I personally prefer Nupro to Missing Link. http://www.nuprosupplements.com/

Try the 3V Caps. I give them to Lady and never noticed a smell.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=65481
[/QUOTE]

My breeder had Brinkley on Nupro before I got him. I bought some and used it for awhile and then quit. No reason, just got lazy.
It is really decently priced for how far it goes...I may look into getting a formula that is good for knees. Here is what it says about their joint support....

TREAT YOUR BEST FRIEND TO A HEALTHY LIFE...

NUPRO JOINT SUPPORT ALL NATURAL DOG SUPPLEMENT has Glucosamine complex, MSM and Ester-C* , which enriches our original formula, especially for the active dog. Your dog now has the benefit of a scientifically balanced formula that is high in vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids and essential fatty acids along with the extra ingredients to help possible joint problems. NUPRO provides the necessary raw nutrients (lacking from cooked and processed dog foods) with easily digestible whole foods, specially designed to condition your dog from the inside out!

NUPRO JOINT SUPPORT is not just for senior dogs or those with arthritis! The active athletes, show dogs, working dogs, police and search and rescue canines, sled dogs, hunting dogs, AND large breed dogs, as well, will profit from having glucosamine in their diet. The combination of NUPRO's raw formula with the added extras make for a superior product from which ALL adult dogs will benefit.
GLUCOSAMINE COMPLEX (500 mg. per scoop) is our own special formula that is an easily absorbed natural substance that stimulates the production of proteoglycans which help to maintain the health and resiliency of connective tissues and restores the damaged cells of cartilage tissue. Glucosamine complex helps promote the synovial fluid that lubricates the joints.

MSM (300 mg. per scoop) is a natural source of bioavailable sulfur, essential for the growth and repair of tendons, cartilage and other connective tissues. MSM is also an anti-inflammatory agent.

Ester-C Chelated Mineral Blend (300 mg. per scoop) boosts the absorption of the glucosamine complex and MSM and promotes collagen formation.

NUPRO JOINT SUPPORT also contains Norwegian kelp, Ground Flaxseed, Imported Nutritional Yeast Culture, Desiccated Liver, Bee Pollen, Garlic, Steamed Bone Meal, Lecithin, and Lactobacillus Acidophilus. NUPRO provides 16 vitamins, 15 minerals, 23 amino acids, 9 enzymes and 4 essential fatty acids.

What do dog owners say about NUPRO JOINT SUPPORT?

Promotes hair growth. Stops itchy, dry, flaky skin & hot spots.

For energy and blood building. Helps to repel fleas.

Steady nerves for better disposition and alertness.

Fertility in females & potency in males. Combats allergies.

Fat burner-Improves appetite-Aids in digestion.

Can help arthritic conditions and joint pain. Helps to strengthen the immune system.

NUPRO is made with fresh, premium ingredients, that are human-grade quality. NUPRO does not contain any preservatives, sugar, fillers, corn, wheat or by-products.

*Ester-C is a registered trademark of Zila Nutraceuticals.

I like that it says it repels fleas too
...is that the garlic that does that?

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
The 3V caps are only omega 3 oils, not a general vitamin, so you wouldn't give them instead of Nupro or Missing Link, but along with. My vet had me add the 3V caps for extra omegas to boost Lady's immune system.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info...

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
Missing Link is great stuff! Frosty has had it for several years. I get the one called "Missing Link Plus" it is the one with joint support. It isn't a vitamin supplement. It is Omega 3 & 6 basically. The Plus is pretty expensive at Petco, but in the internet I get it for around 13.95 and it lasts a loooong time since for a 10 lb. dog you only give 1 tsp. a day. (1/2 tsp. twice). Keep it in the sealed container in the frig. Some people swear it prevents red tear stains. I wouldn't say that--but then Frosty doesn't have red tear stain.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I started using Missing Link about 2 months ago for my three younger furkids. The oldest of the three is Corky the Chihuahua. She was shedding so bad before starting the ML that if you sat down on the sofa where she had been laying, you'd be covered in hair. Now I rarely find more than a couple of hairs on me a day no matter where I sit. It seems to help Deni and Ally's hair feel softer and more luxurious and shiny. As far as helping with the tear stains, Deni has been staining real bad lately, but I think she's teething so I'm not going to change anything just yet...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts