Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this might be a fun topic to start. Because I'm sure a lot of you Malt 'momma's and pappa's' have seen your little one do something that totally amazed you, right?

The most amazing thing Sassi does is....

You see, I hate fly's, and she watches me when I swat a fly. Then one day we had one in the house, I started asking her "Where's the bug Sassi?" I could see her eyes searching the room, then she started staring in a particular spot
and "VIOLA" there was the fly. So I swatted the fly, gave Sassi a reward and she was a happy camper.

Now, when I know there is a fly in the house (which I still hate), I will ask Sassi "where's the bug", and she starts looking.

Now isn't that "The most amazing thing" you ever heard? :lol:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
That is too cute!

I don't know that I would call this amazing...but I have never seen any other dog be able to do this, and my husband and I think its very cute. It doesn't matter where in the house my husband or I are, if we say to Caesar " Go give Mommy a kiss", or "go give Daddy a kiss", he will run up to us and give us a kiss on our face.

It is really funny to see the thought process take place in these lil' guys. They truely are smart....like little people :D.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
ceasers mommie---hes an only dog, right? cuz sprite totally learned everyones name in the house and how to give a kiss. and with my grandma, i say "give great grandma a kiss on the HAND". cuz my grandma doesnt like it on her face...so sprite kisses her hand. lol. gruffi learned a few peoples names...and ellie---well, we say she's our "special child". :lol: :lol: honestly, she doesnt care about anything! she doesnt want to learn anyones name. she keeps her favorite football in sight, and if a stranger comes, she grabs her football and touches them on their legs. lol.
its cute!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Yeah right now anyway. We are renting and they don't want a big dog here. My husband has a 7 year old boxer that was a Christmas present his junior year in high school, but when we moved here they didn't want us to have a 60lb dog, so he is now living with my father-in-law (He was able to live with us our first 9 months of marraige, but then we relocated)
. We are hoping to buy a house sometime soon and get Champ back.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And can't they just 'talk' with their little eyes?

Sassi is so expressive. And she will cock her little head and try soooo hard to understand when we are talking to her.

Pssst....I know she can spell because I ask my hubby if he wants to go for a w-a-l-k and Sassi just perks right up!!!!! :lol:
Pam/Sassi

·
Registered
400 Posts
Casper does something similar. I never realized it, but everytime I kissed him I would say "Give Mommy a kiss". Now I say that and he puts his nose or lips on my mouth and waits for me to kiss him. But, when he gets out of the bath or after a grooming I'll say that and he'll turn away. Just likea child!

Another thing that's not amazing, but cute is if you make a biting motion with your mouth he'll do one to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts