Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again everyone! I apologize on the length of time that this has taken, but here is a pic that I took just now of Sugarplum. She had been overdue to be groomed, and because of her life as a former puppy mill dog, she isn’t used to it, hence she doesn’t tolerate it very well. I’m forced to do it in sessions or increments, and I still have a lot of difficulty with her legs and feet. I just did her muzzle and head, and that was a miracle in itself that I was able to do that without the help of another person. She has made soooo much progress since I adopted her. She still isn’t completely paid trained and occasionally has accidents in the home, and she’s still skittish. She still walks away somewhat briskly when I approach her, but she doesn’t run like she used to, and once I do pick her up and put her on my lap, she could sit there all day if I let her, and I’ll take that any day. If those are the only faults she sustains knowing the kind of life she lived then I consider her very blessed and very fortunate. I’m still planning on taking a pic of her when her ears get to the length that I want them; in that pic of her she will be wearing a dress with bows in both ears. I’ve also included again a pic of her from the shelter. What a makeover, just look at her now! And her tear stains are gone since all those rotten teeth were extracted. You wouldn’t believe that’s the same dog.

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
You have done such a wonderful job with her. She looks amazing and now has the wonderful life that all dogs deserve.

Reactions: crazylady

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
S W O O N!!!
What a great Mommy you are, and she has a guardian angel to watch over her.
Beautiful!

Reactions: crazylady

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi again everyone! I apologize on the length of time that this has taken, but here is a pic that I took just now of Sugarplum. She had been overdue to be groomed, and because of her life as a former puppy mill dog, she isn’t used to it, hence she doesn’t tolerate it very well. I’m forced to do it in sessions or increments, and I still have a lot of difficulty with her legs and feet. I just did her muzzle and head, and that was a miracle in itself that I was able to do that without the help of another person. She has made soooo much progress since I adopted her. She still isn’t completely paid trained and occasionally has accidents in the home, and she’s still skittish. She still walks away somewhat briskly when I approach her, but she doesn’t run like she used to, and once I do pick her up and put her on my lap, she could sit there all day if I let her, and I’ll take that any day. If those are the only faults she sustains knowing the kind of life she lived then I consider her very blessed and very fortunate. I’m still planning on taking a pic of her when her ears get to the length that I want them; in that pic of her she will be wearing a dress with bows in both ears. I’ve also included again a pic of her from the shelter. What a makeover, just look at her now! And her tear stains are gone since all those rotten teeth were extracted. You wouldn’t believe that’s the same dog. View attachment 274436
View attachment 274435
Such a difference! So cute! Have many years of happiness with your baby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts