Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heart swelled with joy today. Now you have to understand a bit about my husband. He is not an animal person. The only pet he ever had as a child was a box turtle. We have dogs because he knows that's what I need to thrive and he loves me. My husband always responded very lovingly when one of our dogs intiated an interaction, but he was rarely the one to start the interaction. Well in just one month little Gracie has wrapped herself around his heart :wub:. Today I was grabbing a bite to eat for lunch and little Gracie was lying patiently on the floor. My husband (who was working on the computer at the table) looks down at her and says, "I'll get down there with you, Gracie!" He then proceeds to lie down on the floor with her. :w00t: She of course cuddles right up next to his body. My husband desperately tries to get my attention and point out what she's doing. I can see it in his face. He's smitten. Big time. :wub2: He continued to lie there with her for several minutes, and I, of course, had to document this event! I know my husband loves Cisco, and he loved Baci (who crossed over to the Rainbow Bridge a year ago this weekend), but I believe with Gracie he may begin to understand and even experience the depth of love I have for all my furbabies.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
I always think of the saying,"The bigger they are, the harder they fall" when it comes to men and these little Maltese. They protest that these little dogs don't mean a thing to them and they're going along with us by getting them and then WHAM, the bug gets them and they're down there on the floor, making little names up and doing whatever the malts want them to. SWEET!!! :chili::chili:Love that shot of your DH with Gracie. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Susan, I think you're right. I've never known a man or boy that didn't fall in love with our maltese over the years. There is something about them that captures hearts, young, old, male or female.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
It is so true!! Real men love maltese :HistericalSmiley:My husband adores our 2 little poodles but he thinks he gave birth to Maisie :cloud9:.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
LOVE IT - so sweet! Yes, although the males in my family think he's a pretty boy, they LOVE Aolani too!! My brother has a female boston terrier who we all love and she adores my father and vice versa, but I know that Aolani holds a special place in his heart.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
:wub: :chili: :wub: :chili: Deb YEAH!!! What a precious story AND great picture --thanks for sharing.... My story about men and Maltese is this. A lady called me to buy a Maltese puppy and said her Maltese died recently and that he was a Lemon Maltese because he was grumpy, growling and not social at all. She loved him even though for some reason he had this very unpleasant personality. Her family especially her husband didn't want her to buy another Maltese. But she knew that her "lemon" was not the norm. They came to my home and her husband sat down in a chair with his arms crossed in a "defensive" mode.. The wife sat on our couch. I put this puppy on the floor and she quickly ran up to the husband and jumped up and down and begged to be picked up... Well months later the wife told me that this girl had her husband wrapped around his pinky... He travelled allot with his job and when he would come home with briefcase their precious Maltese would greet him by grabbing his pant leg and not let go until he put the brief case down and picked her up.. The wife also caught her husband rocking their pup in a rocking chair... I love how this wife LOVED what she called her lemon maltese and still ended up with a new spoiled by both husband and wife Maltese. ..

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Yup, they really can grab one's heart. Maggie and Trixie love my husband and Trixie is now a real daddy's girl. Thankfully, Whisper is still my baby. There is nothing like seing a big strong man succumb to the powers of the little Maltese (or any other small dog, really).:wub:

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is so true!! Real men love maltese :HistericalSmiley:My husband adores our 2 little poodles but he thinks he gave birth to Maisie :cloud9:.
What a great way to put it! :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:I laughed out loud at this and my daughter just gave me "the look" like "Mom's reading her stuff again!"

:wub: :chili: :wub: :chili: Deb YEAH!!! What a precious story AND great picture --thanks for sharing.... My story about men and Maltese is this. A lady called me to buy a Maltese puppy and said her Maltese died recently and that he was a Lemon Maltese because he was grumpy, growling and not social at all. She loved him even though for some reason he had this very unpleasant personality. Her family especially her husband didn't want her to buy another Maltese. But she knew that her "lemon" was not the norm. They came to my home and her husband sat down in a chair with his arms crossed in a "defensive" mode.. The wife sat on our couch. I put this puppy on the floor and she quickly ran up to the husband and jumped up and down and begged to be picked up... Well months later the wife told me that this girl had her husband wrapped around his pinky... He travelled allot with his job and when he would come home with briefcase their precious Maltese would greet him by grabbing his pant leg and not let go until he put the brief case down and picked her up.. The wife also caught her husband rocking their pup in a rocking chair... I love how this wife LOVED what she called her lemon maltese and still ended up with a new spoiled by both husband and wife Maltese. ..
Jeanne, what a GREAT story!:thumbsup: When I read that she had a lemon maltese, it took me a second to "get" it, then I thought what a great way to describe it! I love that she caught her husband rocking the pup in the rocking chair!!!! :wub:

·
Registered
29 Posts
my husband was also not very crazy about little dogs period lol forget that it was a maltese at all :blush: but with in days of my babies at home, he was completly crazy about them and as much as he advice me that I could get them but they couldn't spend time with us on our bed he was the one that one time out of no were I was in bed laying down and he walks up to me with both my puppies in his hands so that they can lay down with me on our bed lol :D

·
Registered
10,743 Posts
Men and their fluffs

Yepper, Al grew up w no animals in the house and he's a total push over when it comes to his fluffs.

Does he look smitten? This was Rylee and Bitsy's first night,them on the far right.

This the family a month after Bitsy and Rylee came to live w/ us.

It takes real man to walk a dog in a dress!

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's precious. I have a similar situation with my husband. He never had a dog in his life. When I said I wanted a Maltese he said "That's not a dog" Well, Skittle has since become his buddy. He is just smitten with everything she does.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Awe, so sweet!
Such a darling moment captured on film!
I totally feel you, as my DH is the same way,
but I have some cute pics captured secretly, too! :)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Yepper, Al grew up w no animals in the house and he's a total push over when it comes to his fluffs.

Does he look smitten? This was Rylee and Bitsy's first night,them on the far right.

WoW!:w00t:
What an AMAZING pic of your sweet babies and your Al, Michelle!

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Michelle,
Thanks for sharing the pictures! The second one looks like Al is covered with a blanket of fluff. And the third one is priceless with all of them in their dresses! A man with a Maltese. Now THAT's sexy!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts