Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i just thought about something.... Ok everyone or almost everyone
says that like after using pet silk or another kind of shampoo there malts feel really soft right and smell good. So my question is, isnt it because of there hair? You know a malt just has that nice soft shiny silky hair. i know some malts have it cottony too. Or is it that some shampoos and conditioners are good and have good ingredients and thats why the hair gets softer or stays soft ??
My Mitzi is already really soft but today was the first time i used pet silks moisterizing shampoo and cond and omg she is like softer or is it bcuz she was dirty
but even if shes dirty shes still soft and i used the #1 all systems small slicker and i dont think she liked it, becuz she was growling and chewing at it and was getting mad
i couldnt beleive it lol it was funny. Well im sorry if i confused any of you with this long topic...But i was just wondering...
Thanks

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yeah, sprite and ellie have super soft hair. ACTUALLY---i've started saving the shaved hair and putting it in a paperbag....im gonna send it in to make a scarf or sweater. i guess it depends on how much hair i can get before i send it in.

and i think after a bath...their hair just feels a little poofy. it happens with whatever shampoo i use though. im also not really picky about the shampoo. i've been using this cloudsky stuff...and it smells great.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I would only use a slicker brush on feet and arm pits. It hurts too much for an all over brush. A pin brush will be good for overall brushing.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I use Bo Derek's Bless the Beast shampoo and conditioner. Izzy has never had a mat in her hair and she smells so good between baths.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I think the proper shampoos and conditioners definitely make a difference, particularly with the full or longer coat. Pico's mom and brother and sister get their baths when their owner takes a shower and they get shampood with people shampoo, etc.

They all have long coats and their fur is very coarse and harsh feeling. Everyone loves to love on Pico when he comes to visit because he is so cloud-soft and fluffy and sweet-smelling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts