Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I had to post this the other day I was vacuuming and I just couldn't
help but to crack up, Mind you my Cosmo is only 12 weeks, but we also
have a Great Dane that is 2 years (hubby's girl, he "Claims" he doesn't like
small dogs) While I was vacuuming here I have this Great Dane running
from the vacuum and then I have this 1lb 1oz. Maltese chasing and attacking
the vacuum, he would attack it from the side from the front the cord whatever
he could get to. Whenever it gets close to the Great Dane he runs and lays down
in the area farthest from the vaccuum. It is just too funny.

Now for our hubby's part. The other night I was combing/brushing Cosmo on my lap on the couch next to hubby and Cosmo would sneak away from me and crawl up hubby's chest. When we were all done I let him "think" he got away from me and he again crawled up hubby's chest and this time proceeded to his shoulder where he decided to sit there and started kissing/licking my hubby's neck face whatever he could get to. Now my hubby the one that claims he HATES little dogs
just let him stay there and lick him. Plus the hubby is always playing with him and of course laughing and smiling when he does.

I think our Macho men are just afraid to admitt that they love the little tikes to because then that would make them less macho lol. I know he secretly likes Cosmo
is just won't admitt it, but of course to uphold his macho image whenever someone
comes over (his family) who are also big dog lovers he joins right in on the banter of Cosmo's size, infact he even uses the excuse that he is trying to get along with
him because he knows how much I've wanted him therefore trying to make it more pleasurable for me.
I have yet to figure out who cracks me up more my Cosmo or my Hubby!

P.s When the hubby comes home from work he kisses the girls and then cosmo comes running, barks once to get his attention and then he'll start petting and playing with him. Doesn't like him my butt!

Sorry this is sooo long, just wanted to share.

What do you mean we were done grooming? I got away from you fair and square
and he helped me escape hence the wild kisses----Cosmo

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
LOL that is too cute!!!
Yeah my hubby is a sap for Caesar too, he tried not to at first I think, but now Caese is definantely his baby! He gets jealous because Caesar always has to follow me everywhere I go :D . It really bugs him because when I work nights I stay in bed as long as I can in the morning and take a nap in the afternoon, well Caesar will stay with me the whole time, sometimes goes to see what his Daddy is doing downstairs. If I wake up before hubby, Caesar never stays in bed with him, he comes down with me...just drives my hubby crazy haha. :D

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Originally posted by lethalfire@Sep 22 2005, 10:02 AM
I think our Macho men are just afraid to admitt that they love the little tikes to because then that would make them less macho lol.
hey now, some of us arent :lol: i like the vac story too, Sampson has attacked it since a puppy

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Thats funny, I know the macho thing going on. At first my husband didn't want me to get a whitle little dog. But of course I did anyway. OMG, he's so attached to her. When he comes home from work he calls her name out picks her up, hugs her, kisses her. He's always buying her toys.. So macho, ha, ha.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
My husband tells everyone that Matilda is MY dog, yet he is always playing and laughing at her. It is even worse with my brother inlaw, he calls himself Matilda's daddy :new_Eyecrazy: She is one spoiled baby, last night my brother inlaw came over with photos he had taken of her. I keep reminding them that she is MINE. :D

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
This is just too funny, my hubby is the macho man of the house and Scooby is his little man. When we take him on walks he holds the leash, or if we take the stroller he has to be the one to push it and won't allow me to even touch it
He has told me I must not call him Scooby's daddy in front of his friends and he does it himself
He says he has never had a little dog before and this little guy is just so important to him and I know he adores him and Scooby follows him everywhere.
Scooby is in no way a fou fou dog, he is so brave in many ways but afraid of thunder and fireworks and it is hubby he runs to for comfort when he is afaid. As for the vac. he too loves to follow it all through the house to make sure none of his toys disappear into this strange noisy animal, he will pick up anything that is his that may fall into its path.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
That's so funny about your husband not wanting to admit he loves Cosmo. My husband was that way for years and ALWAYS says that Pico is "my wife's dog" but I am constantly seeing him cuddling Pico on his chest and talking to him and letting him sit on his shoulder while he reads the paper and even lets him walk on his chest, stopping in front of his face while he decides if he REALLY wants to go to the other shoulder or not. And there's my husband, straining to look over Pico's back to read the paper!

He finally this year admitted that "I love the little guy". He thinks Pico is a real trip and chuckles over something or other that Pico does multiple times a day.

Pico has a routine: After lunch, he goes to find his stuffing-less kitty and takes her for a stroll around the house, walking down the hall, into the master bedroom, out the other door into the office, through the other office door into the living room, cross the livingroom and back down the hall into my office and back into the living room. For all the world like he's taking her for an after-lunch stroll.
And he does this without fail EVERY day! It cracks us up as we watch. Then, after the stroll he walks over to a specific spot next to hubby's chair and gives him the "I wanna go out" stare until one of us takes him out.

Yeah. He's SO dumb that he's got two mature adults completely trained to do his bidding, whenever and whatever.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
My husband is the same. Before Lacey came home I was told "she is your dog." He loves this little dog. He is the one that plays with her all the time. She is becoming more his dog than mine. He gets to work out of the house so she spends her days with him while I am at work slaving away!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I totally agree with you!

In my household- my husband tells our friends and acquintances that Paris is "my wife's dog."

BUT when we're home, it's all like "come to dady- daddy loves you, daddy's going to get you a little brother soon, two of you guys, daddy give kisses, does Paris want a daddy kiss, or Where's my little boy? where's my little boy?"

At bed time:
"does paris want to sleep with daddy, oh daddy loves you too, yes I do...(kiss kiss kiss) ok ok, lay down, oh yeah, go to sleep baby, daddy sing for little pair (that's Paris' nickname)..."

Let's hope hubby's not going to read this tonight

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Pico's Mom,

My husband says that too! He loves this little guy. In fact, my husband is bugging me about getting a second Maltese boy!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I think my husband is beginning to realize that Tuck is still a dog, and it doesn’t matter how small he is. He assumed that he would be a little "girly'' dog, and that I would carry him around in my purse all day. He's amazed that Tucker fetches, bark, and fights with my sister's min pin. (I swear that dog thinks he’s hundred pounds
)

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Oh what a cute story, thanks for sharing. Yes, the big guys always think it isn't macho to hang out with a little foo foo dog. Somewhere I have a picture of my nephew (played football weighs about 240#) sitting in a chair and Sassy is in the chair asleep.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Oh, my husband was the same way. He forbid me to get a dog. I begged him for 3 years to let me have one. The answer was always no and he always had an excuse. So when I did he told me that he wasn't going to help take care of it.

Guess who my little man has control of--my husband. My husband takes him to potty, for walks, out to play of the evenings, waters and feeds him. The other day when we went to Wal-Mart to pick up a couple of things my husband had to go to the pet section as soon as we got there. His excuse is he was looking for a harness for him because he felt like the collar was too much for him when he walks him. His poor little baby pulls pretty hard when he walks.

The funny thing a couple of weeks ago when we came in from work, my husband realized that Baby Gizmo wasn't no where to be found. He was frantic! :new_Eyecrazy: My son took him with him to a friends house, which he has never done. I figured that was where he was at. He scorned my 16 year old for taking the dog that we bought for him.
My son just looked at him like he was crazy.
I never in my life seen a grown man so happy to see our little man.

So now you see who he has wrapped around his little paw---hubby!

Belive me when I tell you that it was LOVE at first sight when my husband seen him.

·
Registered
841 Posts
:D Yep he's a real sucker for the furball ,, She gets more Hi baby and But babies then I do now
I don't mind And yes he gets a little jealous when I'm home because Summer would rather follow me or sit with me then him :lol: How can you not love these little guys and girls their just the cutiest babies ever...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Joe+Sep 22 2005, 11:00 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-lethalfire
@Sep 22 2005, 10:02 AM

I think our Macho men are just afraid to admitt that they love the little tikes to because then that would make them less macho lol.
hey now, some of us arent :lol: i like the vac story too, Sampson has attacked it since a puppy
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102118
[/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry Joe, you are a rare exception to the rule. Maybe we all should have
you sit down and have a heart to heart with our hubbies.

I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one who has to put up with the
macho "FRONT". He will learn one of these days that we gals KNOW the
truth. Besides how could our hubbys not love a little white furbaby that
gets soooo excited when you walk in the door that they almost do backflips...
isn't that the kind of welcome and attention all guys want? (once again Joe you
are an exception to the rule here
)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts