Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used the Stuff on their maltese?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Has anyone ever used the Stuff on their maltese?
Hey Lyn! Boy, are we on the same wavelength! I asked the same question, and several members stated that it was not recommended and greasy. If you look under my threads you will see the thread....are you having static problems?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Lyn! Boy, are we on the same wavelength! I asked the same question, and several members stated that it was not recommended and greasy. If you look under my threads you will see the thread....are you having static problems?
Okay thanks, too late bought it but I will throw it away...he he....its was only 8 dollars...lol...I just wanted it for the mats...

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I have not used it so I can't say whether it's a good product or not...

But some other options for dealing with static during this time of year are Nature's Specialties Quicker Slicker grooming spray, or Nature's Specialties Silk-N-Finish grooming spray. The latter is more heavy duty than the Quicker Slicker and is supposed to even keep snowballs from forming on their hair if they go outside! I have not tried the Silk-N-Finish product, but I use several Nature's Specialties products and have not been disappointed yet.

Not that you don't already know, but if you usually dilute your conditioner during bath time, you may want to reduce the ratio of conditioner to water which will help it moisturize better and help weigh the hair down a bit more than usual. In the spring/summer/fall, I usually dilute my conditioner following the instructions on the bottle, but in the winter I generally do about a 6-1 (conditioner-water) ratio on the really dry days.

My two get really static-y (?) when they're around fleece blankets or the ultra-cuddly minky type blankets also which is hard to avoid! lol

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't throw it away. I would use it right before bathing, ESP if it gets those mats out. I think it is a product that has silicone but really, if your dog is a pet, broken coat isn't really THAT big of a deal, is it?

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Lynda, if your getting mats everyone here raves about Cowboy Magic for battle. If Max is wearing clothing it will cause matting in the pits, or is he esperiencing a coat change? I bought The Stuff 1x - didn't like the way it felt - must hve been the silicone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts