Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
767 Posts
Hmm...how long does it usually take them to recover? I was only going to wait for my Christmas break because I don't want to leave her alone with stitches. I do have a couple days off around Thanksgiving. Maybe I could do it then. I would like to get it done as soon as possible. I don't want anything to happen to my baby!

Also, when is a good time to get the males fixed? I want to get Toby fixed ASAP after we get him.

· Registered
767 Posts
I suggest T-giving also. If you have it done on Tuesday and take Wednesday off, that'll be plenty of time for her to be in good shape before you have to go back to work. I suggest getting a couple days of pain pills for her and if your vet offers it, I'd go for the laser surgery. Kallie spent the first night at the vet's (before I knew to insist she come home). When she came home she was totally fine with no problems at all. She had laser surgery. She didn't mess with her stitches at all.

When Catcher was neutered, he had laser surgery and my vet sent two-days worth of Buprenex pain meds home in dosed syringes. He acted totally normal, even the first evening.

However, Catcher would not leave the stitches alone. He was obssessed with them! So, my vet provided the BiteNot collar, which was a lifesaver for me!! I left him in that while I was at work and there were no problems. If you haven't seen it yet here on SM (I post about it a lot!!) here is the link to the site and places to get it. I bought one, so I'd have it for any future problems. You'll probably need the small cat-size collar. It's in the $20 price range. Catcher didn't mind it at all. It is an amazing product and IMHO much more humane than that horrible E-collar.

Keep us posted!!
Bite Not Web Site

Catcher in His BiteNot Collar:

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=112555
[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! I'm actually in nursing school right now. But if need be I could have my mom watch her until I get home or Josh gets home from work. I think I will call this week and see when I can get her in just to be on the safe side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.