Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

The VACUUM

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Elegant 
#1 ·
I have two other dogs besides Chanel. When I brought home my rescue Beagle (she was 6 or 7 years old then), she was terrified of the vacuum. We had to train her to not freak out. When my Rottweiler was a puppy, even she was scared. Chanel, at 4.5 months old is absolutely FEARLESS!!! The first time I turned it on, she ran up to it and barked at it, one loud warning bark, and just stood there to see what would happen next. I was shocked. This little itty bitty thing was challenging my vacuum cleaner (which is pretty big). It was hilarious! :lol:

What about everyone else...

~ Elegant

#5 ·
lexis mom lol thats what maxi does he jumps right on the couch and stares at it how cute ...he has this cruchy bone filled with peanut butter and jelly and i tell him dont eat it in the living room and he does so i show him look at the crumbs and i get the vacuum and he hops right on the couch! doesnt bark at it just patiently waits for me to finish lol

#9 ·
I don't know if Brit'ny is afraid of the vacum.... we go out together every Tuesday and thats when the house cleaner comes and does everything, Im going to have to try it tonight!

But one funny thing she is NOT afraid of is the Big Chocolate lab next door! Brit'ny and her little boyfriend, Kosmo (a cute 'lil pom) where playing in the front lawn together and then Chocolate, the lab comes bounding out! Kosmo ran so fast he left dust! Brit Brit backed her body underneath my car and then barked at that big 'ole dog! Her ears flattened (she gets that from the cat, Mariah) and her hair stood up on end (again, Mariah) and she cussed him flat out! It was the funniest thing! It was like a golf ball standing up to an 18 wheelers tire! LOL

#10 ·
Sampson does not like the vacuum at all, hes not scared of it, he just doesnt like it, he literally will attack it unless one of us yells at him, he will, bark, growl and run up and bite it, yea, he will bite it :wacko:

Maggie just jumps on the couch and watches it

#11 ·
Tiki is afraid of the vacuum cleaner. When I take it out he just stands back and watches then when I start he will trot room to room until I am done. Once I turn it off and put it away he will run up to me and bark, I get down on the floor and he acts like I was in danger and he is so glad I didn't get hurt. He will jump up and down kissing me over and over.... very cute

Judi

#12 ·
Originally posted by Brit'sMom@Aug 23 2004, 07:06 PM
But one funny thing she is NOT afraid of is the Big Chocolate lab next door!  Brit'ny and her little boyfriend, Kosmo (a cute 'lil pom) where playing in the front lawn together and then Chocolate, the lab comes bounding out!  Kosmo ran so fast he left dust!  Brit Brit backed her body underneath my car and then barked at that big 'ole dog!  Her ears flattened (she gets that from the cat, Mariah) and her hair stood up on end (again, Mariah) and she cussed him flat out!  It was the funniest thing!  It was like a golf ball standing up to an 18 wheelers tire! LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=7495
[/QUOTE]

Lexi is not afraid of big dogs either. She will start barking at them like she is going to fight them. It is this really ferocious sounding bark. But as soon as I say it is ok she wants to go and lick the dog to death. Most of the big dogs just look at her like she is nuts. :wacko:

#13 ·
Daezie is not afraid of the vacuum either, she just barks at it and follows it everywhere.
Maya is afraid of it, if I vacuum and she is on the way, she runs to jump on the couch or to hide. :wacko:

#15 ·
The beach ball story is very funny. I don't know why the dogs are afraid of a beach ball...that's kind of funny...maybe the size and because it is moving by itself. I fostered a male beagle, his name was Duke. This situation reminded me of Duke, so I had to add my two cents. So, my boyfriend and I used to have a remote control car...we used to move it and drive it towards him and he just used to run away and be so afraid of it. It was funny. It toughened him up and made him less timid...so it's a good story! He was a timid dog, but when we took him back to the beagle rescue, he was a more outgoing dog.

Happy ending.

~Elegant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.