Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we leave Jolie by her self she constaintley barks, and scratches at the door. As well as when we are with her she will whine all of the time (ok not ALL the time but it feels like it), when we are in the car and she is not on my lap or when I'm trying to get ready (and she has just been out). What does she want? Is she telling me something? It's really starting to drive me crazy!!!!
Is she just talking to me and maybe I should just start whining back.... oh, nevermind, I've tried that.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Whenever I walk outside Matilda barks, crys and howls, I can't even take a shower without her sitting there barking for me. I actually love it. It makes me feel so wanted and loved. I love her so much, maybe stop and take a moment and sit with her and sing or talk softly to her. I think she just misses you and loves you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Jolie wants yor attention of course. Angel used to whine a lot when I first got him. I don't suggest you yell at her, because she'll think you are barking too. And I don't suggest you pat her and baby talk to her when she whines, because she'll do it again since she successfully gets your attention. The best thing to do is ignore her. I'll close to my room and close the door. Angel will whine and whine and I just ignore him. When he quites down, I'll leave the room to praise him and play with him. Maltese are very intelligent, I'm sure Jolie will learn it veyr quickly. But I don suggest persistence and patience. Good luck!

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
It sounds like she is whining and acting out due to anxiety.

I can give you recommendations, but desensitization for anxiety is a long process and the ideal would be a hands-on explanation of the process of teaching her being alone is a good thing and desensitizing her to the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.