Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ... so the water bottle technique works when Sam and Lilah are fighting in their pen, but I don't want to spray them when they are fighting in their crate! Right now they sleep together in their crate, is this a good idea? They fight/play at night so much that it keeps me awake! Should I seperate them when they sleep? I was wondering if this might make them stop waking up so much in the night, because one of them wakes up and always wakes the other one up. *shrug*

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
you should teach them to "get a toy" or something. and if they're acting really vicious, you definitely need a trainer to help you. i thought that my dogs were aggressive to eachother--but our trainer told us that they weren't. so we didnt really have major problems like some of her other clients. definitely contact uncle matty. www.unclematty.com he can do phone consultations. you could try getting pet-agree. you press a button, it makes a noise only dogs can hear, and then you can tell them to get a toy. if they're resting a lot in the morning, they'll have lots of energy at night.

if they fight at night in the same crate, then put them in seperate crates. but they might fight through the crates(like barkign at eachother still). sorry i couldnt help you out mroe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts