Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
So sad...such a beautiful family...I can' even imagine the loss he must be feeling. -_-

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you see where it says he got arrested for trying to help? This breaks my heart. His wife was his highschool sweetheart.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Jan 13 2005, 04:43 PM
Did you see where it says he got arrested for trying to help?  This breaks my heart. His wife was his highschool sweetheart.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29549
[/QUOTE]

yeah, I saw that on the news

·
Registered
831 Posts
THis is so hearbreaking. I feel so sad for this man and daughter

·
Registered
219 Posts
I saw that-it ripped my heart out. That man was so strong, talking about his beautiful babies.

I'm crying again just thinking about it.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Not to put a damper on this, and I truly do feel sorry for everyone here in CA that lost a loved one, but I ust wanted to add some inside information on this landslide thing.

In 1995 a landslide occurred in the same area. People were freaked out when it happened, and sold their houses for like $50,000 (EXTREMELY cheap for California, even in 1995). Well, the husband of my co-worker said that basically only people who were desperate bought the houses, and those people in that area that was affected were drug addicts -_- . The majority of the people who were living there up unitl recenlty are meth and drug addicts.

Also, my co-workers husband has been working at the rescue site and he said he was the one who found that mans family. The mother, daughters, and the family dog were still sitting on their couch watching tv. He was sickened by it. It really upset him.

Regardless, it is a horrible thing when disasters happen like this. I also heard that the mayor had allocated lots of money to put sensors in the hillside and had a retaining wall built. The sensors were supposed to give warning signals to some head office to give warning that another land slide might happen...they didn't get a single warning.

Sucks.

~Elegant

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you think the Wallets were drug addicts/sellers? Or were they just living with them in the neighborhood? I guess if you're poor, a nice, BIG, 3 story house for 50,000 is just too tempting. :/

·
Registered
219 Posts
While his hair is a little unconventional for my taste-I don't think he's a drug addict.

My heart bleeds for this guy-it's just wrong. Losing your family because you ran out for ice cream for the kids, and you survive. wrong.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I guess the news people wouldnt want us to feel sorry for a drug addict. :/

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Jan 15 2005, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I guess the news people wouldnt want us to feel sorry for a drug addict. :/
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29837
[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by nataliecmu@Jan 15 2005, 12:01 PM
Even if he WAS a drug addict I feel so sorry for him...he lost his family!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29854
[/QUOTE]

Hmm, didnt really meant that a drug addict deserves it or anything. My bad.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I feel for all the families that have lost someone or everything they own. I know losing a house is not the same as losing someone you love but it is still a hugh lost. My heart goes out to them all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts