Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've now been off of the South Beach Diet for 4 months and have gained back 10lbs. I know I need to get back on something but I'm thinking of trying something else this time. The South Beach Diet worked great for me (lost 30lbs) but after 4 months of being on it I was getting really sick and tired of eating pretty much the same thing over and over.

At work they have on-site Weight Watcher meetings once a week. I'm thinking of joining next time it restarts, which should be the beginning of August (I think). Has anyone done Weight Watchers before? What is the difference between the two plan options?

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
This lady i work with has been on weight watchers since before christmas... she lost weight but still isnt close to her goal. Maybe she cheats a too much...
I heard its a good diet though.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Weight Watchers is the healthiest diet around. It is based on good sound dietary principles and based on good nutrition. It's an "eating for life plan" that teaches you how to eat properly and not to "diet". I run a Cardiac Rehab program and I recommend WW's to all my patients who need to lose weight.

It's a great program and I personally lost over 40lbs (and kept it off) many years ago on it.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
My aunt lost a lot of weight on Weight Watchers (and has kept it off). I don't know the exact amount but probably close to 40-50 lbs. I exercise all the time but I just eat too much so I still have about 5-7 lbs that I have to loose. I really just need to watch what I am eating better.

·
Registered
831 Posts
THis is the advise I got from my step aerobics intructor. She works for Gold's Fitness, needless to say, she looks terrific. but then again she works out for a living

No carbs( pasta, tortilla, bread, chips, etc) but wheat carbs are ok
No fried food
No alcohol
No sugar, yup, no chocolate, no sweets anything that has sugar
No eating after 7:00pm, I know is impossible for some people beacuse of work hours but do it when possible.

SO far I've seen progress. and I have to admit is difficul to stick to it 100%

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I used Weight Watchers myself and I found their food excellent. The good part is it is a totally balanced and healthy eating program. You can still enjoy all the things you like to eat including the occasional piece of chocolate, cheesecake etc. provided you allow for it in you points plan.
If you need to lose a lot of weight they have a points plan for you, but it is recommended that you lose no more than 1 - 2 lbs per week because slow weight loss is permenant weight loss. I found it was such a good variety of all food types and never got bored or tired of any particular meal. I would recommend it to anyone. I find if you cut out too many of the foods you like you won't stick to any diet, but WW has so much variety that it is very easy to enjoy.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I have been on Weight Watchers several times.

When I stuck to it, I did very well, and never felt deprived.
They have a new option that does not involve counting points that is very much like the South Beach diet or other low carb plans. It wouldn't hurt to check them out if you are interested. I need to go back myself...and might when I return from vacation. We could start a WW support thread. Lord knows I need it. My hubby has started a very "unhealthy" diet, but the weight has just FELL off of him
. It is SO not fair!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Heaven knows I too need to do the same thing. That would be a great idea actually we could swap ideas and all get healthy Hey!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Have you just tried counting calories?
I have been trying to stay under a certain amount of calories- don't want to say how many

But, you could start off with 1800-1500 calories or something and just start gradually reducing your caloric intake.

I lost about 5 lbs. in one week when I stayed under the calories that I set for myself. And I didn't deprive myself of any goodies...

~Elegant

·
Registered
28 Posts
Weight Watchers is a great plan. I lost 62 lbs. It took me 1 year to lose it.1 to 2 lbs. per week But now I'm a life time member and keeping my weight off for 6 months now. I feel great and have more energy. I don't pay for the meetings anymore which is great! I'm leaving on vacation today so can't answer anymore responses till 2 weeks. I have went down 6 sizes in clothes and love to shop for new ones!
I was on the flex points plan. Good Luck and give it a try.
Debbie :D

I'm going to Portland OR to vist my son!
I live in New York!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Elegant@Jul 2 2005, 02:29 AM
Have you just tried counting calories?
I have been trying to stay under a certain amount of calories- don't want to say how many 

But, you could start off with 1800-1500 calories or something and just start gradually reducing your caloric intake.

I lost about 5 lbs. in one week when I stayed under the calories that I set for myself.  And I didn't deprive myself of any goodies...

~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=77098
[/QUOTE]

A fabulous way to keep up with calories and nutrients is Diet Power software. It's hard to explain how wonderful it is... they have a great web site with a demo. The price is about $49 .... I can't say enough good things about it!!

Diet Power

·
Registered
277 Posts
<span style="font-family:Times">I never tried WW before but I know some women who are on it and have lost some weight. What helped me drop pounds was Windsor Pilates and going to the gym 4 times a week (pheew
). I bought one of those waist band thingamejiggers and wore it tight around my waist everytime I went to the gym.
It really makes you sweat around your mid area. I lost weight rapidly and have maintained it without having to go to the gym 4x a week. Pilates is great
</span>

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by g1enda1e@Jul 3 2005, 02:22 AM
<span style="font-family:Times">I never tried WW before but I know some women who are on it and have lost some weight. What helped me drop pounds was Windsor Pilates and going to the gym 4 times a week (pheew 
). I bought one of those waist band thingamejiggers and wore it tight around my waist everytime I went to the gym.
It really makes you sweat around your mid area. I lost weight rapidly and have maintained it without having to go to the gym 4x a week. Pilates is great 
</span>

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=77457
[/QUOTE]

I was obsessed with Windsor Pilates a few years ago. Before my wedding, I straved myself down to 95 lbs!! I was so thin....but then I started eating (the marriage, school, stress, my puppy) and I gained at least 10 lbs. And now I just permanently feel fat

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by g1enda1e@Jul 3 2005, 04:22 AM
</span>

[/QUOTE]

Are you the girl in the sig picture? How much weight did you lose?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I think WW is just a great idea! I can't afford the meetings but I got the book and info from my daughter who is on WW and it's not a difficult way to control your eating. My husband puts me in charge of our diets and it just got too difficult to track everything HE ate as well as my own intake on the points system and I wound up going off it. But i think on my own, I could do it easily because you don't deprive yourself.....and since we usually eat the same things (what we like) over and over after a while you "know" your point status day by day.

Like, my breakfast is 2 T. fresh ground peanut butter and a medium apple with a cup of coffee & 1 T. half n half. So my morning points remain the same every day except weekends.

SAme with lunch.....I usually rotate lunch and dinner menus so I have a repertoire of menus whose points I have memorized. That's the secret of WW's success....it really teaches you portion control without deprivation.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by g1enda1e@Jul 3 2005, 05:22 AM
</span>

[/QUOTE]

Is Windsor Pilates the "regular" Pilates that we hear about or is it another kind? There was an ad in our paper this weekend for Pilates classes taught by a "professional ballerina" who is "The Method Pilates Certified instructor". It sounds good and is near my home. What do you think?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko+Jul 3 2005, 09:43 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-g1enda1e
@Jul 3 2005, 04:22 AM
<span style="font-family:Times">Yea thats me
when I started my gym/pilates routine, I did that for about 2 months religiously and lost 15-16 pounds. Now all I do to maintain my weight is pilates3x a week and some crunches at night before I go to bed. I hardly even go to the gym anymore
and I've managed to stay at 110.</span>

·
Registered
277 Posts
Is Windsor Pilates the "regular" Pilates that we hear about or is it another kind? There was an ad in our paper this weekend for Pilates classes taught by a "professional ballerina" who is "The Method Pilates Certified instructor". It sounds good and is near my home. What do you think?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=77585
[/QUOTE]

<span style="font-family:Times">
Windsor pilates the excersise videos/dvd's thats always on infomercials late @ night. I think it is also being sold @ Targets now. If you have an instructor near home who is certified then I say go for it
. But if you have never tried pilates before, some of the positions you do are kinda embarrasing so you might also like the privacy of doing it @ home........</span>

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by g1enda1e@Jul 3 2005, 04:01 PM
<span style="font-family:Times">Yea thats me
  when I started my gym/pilates routine, I did that for about 2 months religiously and lost 15-16 pounds. Now all I do to maintain my weight is pilates3x a week and some crunches at night before I go to bed. I hardly even go to the gym anymore 
  and I've managed to stay at 110.</span>

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=77596
[/QUOTE]

I see...Well, you look good! Keep up the good work!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts