Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing online and saw this available boy. He's too adorable (and what a great price!).

Available Puppies

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
If you don't mind my asking, why not? I'm just curious...that's all. Thanks! :)
She purposefully bred her ch. sire maltese to another breed and sold the mutts and sold for high prices not even a year ago. She didn't put it on her website because she didn't want maltese people to here about. This is the original thread: http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/56-breeders/99376-why.html Reputable breeders don't breed MUTTS. She won't be getting a recommendation from me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She purposefully bred her ch. sire maltese to another breed and sold the mutts and sold for high prices not even a year ago. She didn't put it on her website because she didn't want maltese people to here about. This is the original thread: http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/56-breeders/99376-why.html Reputable breeders don't breed MUTTS. She won't be getting a recommendation from me.
Wow, thank you Briana! I had no idea. Now, I feel horrible for even posting her available pup. :brownbag:

I was looking around and came across the page and thought he was adorable. Now, I know better. Thank you!

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
As amatter of fact, the AKC is now offering regitration for hybrid breeds like this and they will be included in many sporting events as well as AKC registration.

Did she just announce that the AKC is registering hybrid pups now? Are they that hard up in this economy?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Wow, thank you Briana! I had no idea. Now, I feel horrible for even posting her available pup. :brownbag:

I was looking around and came across the page and thought he was adorable. Now, I know better. Thank you!

Awwww don't feel bad at all. It's good that you did :). Gosh, the boy is so cute, don't blame you at all.

Brianna, you are wise beyond your years :).

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
As amatter of fact, the AKC is now offering regitration for hybrid breeds like this and they will be included in many sporting events as well as AKC registration.

Did she just announce that the AKC is registering hybrid pups now? Are they that hard up in this economy?

Where did you get this? AKC has no registration program for "hybrids."

They have opened a few events to dogs that have been altered (non-breeding dogs) that are mixed breed (i.e. shelter dogs). It is like the Indefinite Listing Privilege and is called a Canine Partner Listing (i.e. not registration). It is merely a way for mixed breed dogs to participate in AKC sponsored events. AKC has long been criticized for not allowing such dogs to compete in events such as Agility or Obedience. Yes, it may make money for them and the clubs that participate, but since Obedience clubs regularly lose money from such activities, it might allow a few of them to break even. Most obedience clubs offer educational classes to everyone. These clubs are non-profit and the classes are a service to the community. However, once a mixed breed dog completes a class at an AKC member obedience club, they can not go on to compete in AKC obedience. This is supposed to rectify that. It is in no way meant to be supporting the breeding of "hybrid dogs."

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awwww don't feel bad at all. It's good that you did :). Gosh, the boy is so cute, don't blame you at all.

Oh, thank you! That makes me feel much better. :)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

I agree. :heart:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts