Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello SM community! Please meet Angel. She is 10 months old now. We got her when she was 8 weeks old.
This is my first time owning a Maltes and we decided on this breed because of my daughter's allergies.
Angel is very active, likes to bark and we are working on that. She is not very hairy I think she is the curly type. I've been waiting for her fur to grow long. I see other younger pups with beautiful manes. I don't think it will happen to Angel. Also her skin started changing from pink to dark. She has darker spots all over her body. She is not completely white. She has some cream color on her ears and back. Not sure if it will all fall off as her puppy coat changes. We lover and we are happy to have her!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,759 Posts
She is adorable!!!!!!!!
All of what you mentioned is normal for a maltese---except curly---usually maltese are straighter. You may find that as the hair/fur grows long it will be straighter.
I am surprised the breeder let her go at 8 wks. / 12 is normal.
Welcome to SM!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you @edelweiss for your comments. She is adorable and she follows me every where. I will keep waiting for her grown up fur. Her first visit to the groomer was a disaster. I asked for a puppy cut and they chopped the top on her forehead and I can't do the palm tree look now. It is taking very long to grow.

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,940 Posts
She is adore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts