Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Kobe, 3 months, Maltese
159 Posts
I need to cut the hair on Pippers front legs and around his feet. If it gets too long on the back of his legs he ends up peeing on it and if it gets long on his feet he slips on the floor too easily plus his foot area gets so dirty when out walking. He doesn't pee on his legs on purpose.....the pee just has so much force it hits his legs. That's gross. How the heck do I go about doing this when he hates his front legs being touched. He yanks his foot away and I would be afraid of hurting him. i have no idea how the groomer does it. . He's fine with the back legs but not the front ones. Plus I only have scissors, nothing else. Aaaaaahhhhhhh I don't know what to do.
I apologize if I’m repeating something someone has said already as I didn’t have a chance to read all of the comments but what has worked for me is taking Kobe for a long long walk and tiring him out and then trying to trim him up. He’s less likely to fight when he’s exhausted.

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I apologize if I’m repeating something someone has said already as I didn’t have a chance to read all of the comments but what has worked for me is taking Kobe for a long long walk and tiring him out and then trying to trim him up. He’s less likely to fight when he’s exhausted.
Pipper gets long walks all the time and it doesn't seem to tire him at all. I'm probably going to give the trimmer a try this weekend but it might take me a whole month to get him totally done. 😏

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,276 Posts
Take your time - No rush! Take as many breaks as you and/or Pipper need.

I used to complete Abellas "Spa Day" in one day but ever since my shoulder surgery I just can't do it - way to much brushing. I now break it up into two days - easier on her and easier on me. I find I am a lot more patient with her and she can sense this. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of Pippers new "do"!
🐶 🐾

21 - 24 of 24 Posts