Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the heck is this?

I was looking online cuz I wanted to look at some dogs, and I went to this one site and saw this picture for dogs for sale...and in the description it says the male, who is blue, can be used for stud, and he is dyed blue right now...no reason for it at all!
Whatever...the dogs are cute, ofcourse, but why they dye?

What a disgrace...Just my opinion!

~Elegant

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
here we are trying to get stains out of our dogs and they are staining them on purpose! poor babies...they look embarrassed

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
What in the world?!?!?! One looks like cotton candy and the other one looks like a puppy smurf! :/

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
OMG. That is sad. And this blue dog is being sold for stud? This is one of the problems that cause overbreeding in dogs. Are they suggesting that this dog can just randomly be used for stud to any maltese female???? Very sad.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Maybe it is the Petsilk color stuff?!
Still looks silly...but they have those fun colors on the Petsilk site that is wash-outable.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I dont know if that is cruel or not...(I dont know much about dye) but They cant be comfortable like that. I hate to see any animal suffer. I dont like that picture at all! I would NEVER paint my baby!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I guess if it's safe, then it's not cruel. But personally, they look 100 x's better white!

V

·
0 Posts
Perhaps this dying thing is not cruel or dangerous but to me it says much about the insanity of pet owners.

I agree it is a hassle to keep these guys white...but dying them yellow just doesnt seem like the alternative.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think it looks really tacky!!! I'm not paying thousands of dollars to make my precious dog look tacky!!!
Crazy people.

~Elegant

·
Registered
755 Posts
OMG..... :new_Eyecrazy: I don't even think they look good. I don't know why people do this to their precious babies.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Nov 21 2004, 05:35 AM

I once dyed Noodle's ears and tail bright blue (back in 1998).  My students were begging me to and I caved in.  It was all the rage in Korea at the time.  Dyeing your dog's hair is still popular, but I'd never do it again.  He cried the whole time.  They kept assuring me that he wasn't in pain, that he just wanted to be with his mama, but I still regret it.  Worst of all, the color on one ear faded to a baby blue while the other ear and the tail stayed bright blue.  It was NOT cute.  I ended up shaving his ears and tail just to get rid of the blue and did he ever look terrible then!  He was very fluffy, but his ears and tail were nude.  Such a skinny little pig-like tail!

The annoying Maltese on the third floor of my building has pink ears, a yellow tail, and blue bell bottoms on her legs.  She seems to like it...struts about quite a bit when she's not yapping at every person she sees or noise she hears.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17536
[/QUOTE]

First, I would like to ask why I always get a quote of the post I am replying to, how do I turn that off, I would like to post only my response.

I do think it looks very odd and I would never dye Cal. I wonder if the dogs realize they are a different color, do they act any differently? You know how we think our dogs know when they have bad hair cut.

n.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I think people do it for the attention. Lots of people must stop and want to see their dog. I personally wouldn't do it. I don't even paint her nails and lots of people ask me if I do. I just don't like the look of it. I do put little bows and clips in her hair but that is as far as I go. And I do admit Lacey doesn't care one way or the other about bows and clips, I like the look. And people do think she looks likes a little princess with her hair accessories.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts