Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting out with Bonnie and my friend, Wendy, when a very well dressed woman came over and told me she had 'a bunch' of Maltese, and one of them just had babies. The mother was FOUR pounds. I said, isn't that quite small? She said, oh, she's fine, but we had to have a c-section.

Now, apparently I've developed a stereotype of a byb. This woman was either very wealthy or spent all of her money on clothes and accessories (Birkin bag and Rolex watch). Yet, she was still stupid enough to let her small baby go through a pregnancy.

Yuck.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Linda, BLESS you. Those type of conversations make me go from 0 to 10 in a milasecond. Absolutely sickening. And I am not a judgemental person, but this is over the top. Again, bless you.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Argh! That makes me so mad!
People just aren't educated about the subject and don't bother to do research and just do as they please!
I do agree, there are some well meaning people who just are not educated, that I can understand. But it doesn't take being educated on breeding your little 4 pound pet. To me, that is just selfish.

I am so tired of babies suffering. Beyond selfish. That baby was meant to be loved as a pampered pet. Now the darling had to go through a heat cycle, a C section, and heaven knows what else. Pet people need to leave the breeding to those who actually are reputable breeders, not pet people who make an awful choice, for what should be considered a blessing that they have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts