Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is raining maltese rescues around here. I got another call. This time the breeders had turned in a 9 year old (will be 10 in Dec.). I guess she was such a good mom that they bred her even longer than normal. Of course, she is missing many teeth and her tongue hangs out to one side. Her vision and hearing aren't the best either. But that is expected at almost 10. She is sooooo sweet. She is not shy at all like Kirby is. I am going to get her to the groomers tomorrow. I think she will be able to keep the hair on top, but she is very matted underneath. She just got spayed Tuesday, so I didn't want to ruch the grooming. Oh, I hope I can find a kind soul to let her live out her remaining years. She deserves that much atleast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,659 Posts
Oh, she's beautiful!

It's probably a good thing I don't anywhere near you! Between her (does she have a name?) and Kirby, I'd be in trouble.

It makes me so mad that these so-called breeders used her for 10 years and then, when so couldn't have puppies anymore, just discarded her. She certainly has earned the right to be pampered for her remaining years!

Lady's the exact same age and take it from me, a 9 or 10 year old Maltese is a wonderful companion!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by LadysMom@Oct 20 2005, 03:36 PM
Oh, she's beautiful!

It's probably a good thing I don't anywhere near you! Between her (does she have a name?) and Kirby, I'd be in trouble.

It makes me so mad that these so-called breeders used her for 10 years and then, when so couldn't have puppies anymore, just discarded her. She certainly has earned the right to be pampered for her remaining years!

Lady's the exact same age and take it from me, a 9 or 10 year old Maltese is a wonderful companion!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111729
[/QUOTE]
Her name is Dani, and she truly does seem very happy. Her tail is wagging all the time. It really is ironic, because if she wouldn't have been such a great mom they would have gotten rid of her sooner. Someone missed out on many wonderful years not having her for a pet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,659 Posts
It always amazes me how willing these rescues are to forgive and forget what humans have done to them in the past.

In the right forever home, though, hopefully she'll be able to make up for all that lost time!

How difficult is it to place senior Maltese?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by LadysMom@Oct 20 2005, 03:48 PM
It always amazes me how willing these rescues are to forgive and forget what humans have done to them in the past.

In the right forever home, though, hopefully she'll be able to make up for all that lost time!

How difficult is it to place senior Maltese?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111739
[/QUOTE]
Good question. This is my first senior.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,659 Posts
Get the tissues.....

Unlike most days at Rainbow Bridge, this day dawned cold and gray, damp as a swamp and as dismal as could be imagined. All of the recent arrivals had no idea what to think, as they had never experienced a day like this before. But the animals who had been waiting for their beloved people knew exactly what was going on and started to gather at the pathway leading to The Bridge to watch.

It wasn't long before an elderly animal came into view, head hung low and tail dragging. The other animals, the ones who had been there for a while, knew what his story was right away, for they had seen this happen far too often.

He approached slowly, obviously in great emotional pain, but with no sign of injury or illness. Unlike all of the other animals waiting at The Bridge, this animal had not been restored to youth and made healthy and vigorous again. As he walked toward The Bridge, he watched all of the other animals watching him. He knew he was out of place here and the sooner he could cross over, the happier he would be. But, alas, as he approached The Bridge, his way was barred by the appearance of an Angel who apologized, but told him that he would not be able to pass. Only those animals who were with their people could pass over Rainbow Bridge. With no place else to turn to, the elderly animal turned towards the fields before The Bridge and saw a group of other animals like himself, also elderly and infirm. They weren't playing, but rather simply lying on the green grass, forlornly staring out at the pathway leading to The Bridge. And so, he took his place among them, watching the pathway and waiting.

One of the newest arrivals at The Bridge didn't understand what he had just witnessed and asked one of the animals that had been there for awhile to explain it to him.

"You see, that poor animal was a rescue. He entered rescue just as you see him now, an older animal with his fur graying and his eyes clouding. He never made it out of rescue and passed on with only the love of his rescuer to comfort him as he left his earthly existance. Because he had no family to give his love to, he has no one to escort him across The Bridge."

The first animal thought about this for a minute and then asked, "So what will happen now?" As he was about to receive his answer, the clouds suddenly parted and the gloom lifted. Approaching The Bridge could be seen a single person and among the older animals, a whole group was suddenly bathed in a golden light and they were all young and healthy again, just as they were in the prime of life.

"Watch, and see.", said the second animal. A second group of animals from those waiting came to the pathway and bowed low as the person neared. At each bowed head, the person offered a pat on the head or a scratch behind the ears. The newly restored animals fell into line and followed him towards The Bridge. They all crossed The Bridge together.

"What happened?"

"That was a rescuer. The animals you saw bowing in respect were those who found new homes because of his work. They will cross when their new families arrive. Those you saw restored were those who never found homes. When a rescuer arrives, they are allowed to perform one, final act of rescue. They are allowed to escort those poor animals that they couldn't place with families on earth, across The Rainbow Bridge."

"I think I like rescuer's", said the first animal.

"So does GOD", was the reply.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by LadysMom@Oct 20 2005, 04:05 PM
Get the tissues.....

Unlike most days at Rainbow Bridge, this day dawned cold and gray, damp as a swamp and as dismal as could be imagined. All of the recent arrivals had no idea what to think, as they had never experienced a day like this before. But the animals who had been waiting for their beloved people knew exactly what was going on and started to gather at the pathway leading to The Bridge to watch.

It wasn't long before an elderly animal came into view, head hung low and tail dragging. The other animals, the ones who had been there for a while, knew what his story was right away, for they had seen this happen far too often.

He approached slowly, obviously in great emotional pain, but with no sign of injury or illness. Unlike all of the other animals waiting at The Bridge, this animal had not been restored to youth and made healthy and vigorous again. As he walked toward The Bridge, he watched all of the other animals watching him. He knew he was out of place here and the sooner he could cross over, the happier he would be. But, alas, as he approached The Bridge, his way was barred by the appearance of an Angel who apologized, but told him that he would not be able to pass. Only those animals who were with their people could pass over Rainbow Bridge. With no place else to turn to, the elderly animal turned towards the fields before The Bridge and saw a group of other animals like himself, also elderly and infirm. They weren't playing, but rather simply lying on the green grass, forlornly staring out at the pathway leading to The Bridge. And so, he took his place among them, watching the pathway and waiting.

One of the newest arrivals at The Bridge didn't understand what he had just witnessed and asked one of the animals that had been there for awhile to explain it to him.

"You see, that poor animal was a rescue. He entered rescue just as you see him now, an older animal with his fur graying and his eyes clouding. He never made it out of rescue and passed on with only the love of his rescuer to comfort him as he left his earthly existance. Because he had no family to give his love to, he has no one to escort him across The Bridge."

The first animal thought about this for a minute and then asked, "So what will happen now?" As he was about to receive his answer, the clouds suddenly parted and the gloom lifted. Approaching The Bridge could be seen a single person and among the older animals, a whole group was suddenly bathed in a golden light and they were all young and healthy again, just as they were in the prime of life.

"Watch, and see.", said the second animal. A second group of animals from those waiting came to the pathway and bowed low as the person neared. At each bowed head, the person offered a pat on the head or a scratch behind the ears. The newly restored animals fell into line and followed him towards The Bridge. They all crossed The Bridge together.

"What happened?"

"That was a rescuer. The animals you saw bowing in respect were those who found new homes because of his work. They will cross when their new families arrive. Those you saw restored were those who never found homes. When a rescuer arrives, they are allowed to perform one, final act of rescue. They are allowed to escort those poor animals that they couldn't place with families on earth, across The Rainbow Bridge."

"I think I like rescuer's", said the first animal.

"So does GOD", was the reply.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111745
[/QUOTE]
I needed a good cry. Thank you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,200 Posts
Please forgive my ignorance but i am not familiar with the rescue system that you have in the US.
So my question is, these so called breeders can discard older mothers and many other babies that doesn`t serve their purpose and they can keep breeding dogs without any problem?
Is there any kind of penalty for them? How could they just give away this mother who gave them profits and unconditional love for years?

Poor baby! i am going to pray that she finds a caring home soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
I myself with several maltese I could never give not one of my adult dogs away. I don't care if they have one litter or no litters. I am to attatched to my adults to ever part with any of them.(I sometimes can not even part with some of my puppies.) They will live there life out right here with me. I can't imagine any breeder to part with a adult dog they have had for several yrs. I guess that is where I am so much different then most is that I treat my fluffs just like they was human talk to them like they are human and even dress them like they was humans. I wished I lived closer one more malt around my house wouldn't matter at all.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by kab@Oct 20 2005, 03:24 PM
Here is another pic I forgot to include.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111720
[/QUOTE]

Dani is truly beautiful
, and it is so very sad
that a breeder can be so cold had heartless as to just hand her over when she has served her purpose
. I guess there are a lot of uncaring people in this world, but some day they will have to face up for what they do, and it isn't for me to judge, but their judgement day will come.
I pray that someone will give Dani a forever loving home where she can live out the rest of her time in comfort and luxury as she so deserves with a nice warm bed and plenty of TLC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,200 Posts
Originally posted by Teaco@Oct 20 2005, 04:24 PM
I myself with several maltese I could never give not one of my adult dogs away. I don't care if they have one litter or no litters. I am to attatched to my adults to ever part with any of them.(I sometimes can not even part with some of my puppies.) They will live there life out right here with me. I can't imagine any breeder to part with a adult dog they have had for several yrs. I guess that is where I am so much different then most is that I treat my fluffs just like they was human talk to them like they are human and even dress them like they was humans. I wished I lived closer one more malt around my house wouldn't matter at all.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111788
[/QUOTE]

Exactly! How can you live for 10 years with a dog and then, just because it has no other purpose than being a loving pet, throw it away like some useless object. I really admire breeders and owners like you and all others in this forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by mmo+Oct 20 2005, 08:23 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Teaco
@Oct 20 2005, 04:24 PM
I myself with several maltese I could never give not one of my adult dogs away. I don't care if they have one litter or no litters. I am to attatched to my adults to ever part with any of them.(I sometimes can not even part with some of my puppies.) They will live there life out right here with me. I can't imagine any breeder to part with a adult dog they have had for several yrs. I guess that is where I am so much different then most is that I treat my fluffs just like they was human talk to them like they are human and even dress them like they was humans. I wished I lived closer one more malt around my house wouldn't matter at all.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111788
Exactly! How can you live for 10 years with a dog and then, just because it has no other purpose than being a loving pet, throw it away like some useless object. I really admire breeders and owners like you and all others in this forum.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111833
[/B][/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, with some it is only about money. When they can no longer produce, they are of no use. I did find out a little history on these 2 breeders our vet gets these dogs from. They are relatives. One of them socializes their dogs and the other doesn't . Kirby is from the anti-social breeder. I must say that Dani is a pretty happy dog. She does not seem abused. I think it is probably harder on her because she was actually attached to her owner. Kirby is happy to be away from his! I could never part with mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
What a pretty girl!
I hope she finds a good home...
maybe this is a stupid question, but why does her tongue hang out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by tlunn@Oct 20 2005, 11:12 PM
What a pretty girl!
I hope she finds a good home...
maybe this is a stupid question, but why does her tongue hang out?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111864
[/QUOTE]

Her tongue is hanging out because she has so many teeth missing. It doesn't hang out all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by tlunn@Oct 20 2005, 11:12 PM
What a pretty girl!
I hope she finds a good home...
maybe this is a stupid question, but why does her tongue hang out?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111864
[/QUOTE]

Her tongue is hanging out because she has so many teeth missing. It doesn't hang out all the time.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top