Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have a year old male maltese (akc papers) - he weighs in at 9.5 lbs. - this seems to be the exception for this breed. Can anyone comment or address this issue.

I have been using diamond eyes for his teary stains ...is there any other product that does better and where can i order.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Originally posted by sonnysmom@Mar 27 2004, 09:24 PM
I have a year old male maltese (akc papers) - he weighs in at 9.5 lbs. - this seems to be the exception for this breed.
I dont think its an exception, just outside the standard, Sampson weights about 9#'s but is healthy and happy, Maggie is about 5#'s, if your vet thinks he is healthy I wouldnt be too concerned

·
Registered
346 Posts
Got you all beat lol Morgan just went to the vet for his check up and weighs in now at 10 1/2 lbs, exactly! Vet said his weight is perfect for his height and length and whatever I was doing, to keep it up, so talk about being "outside the standard"......oh well, to me he is PERFECT and I love his size. Who cares about "standards" anyway? I didn't get him for that, I got him because I fell in love with him and had to have him, simple

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Hi Sonnys Mom,
We dont use a tear stain product on Caesar, but what I have found to work on reducing the stains is to wash his face around the eyes every morning with a tear free puppy shampoo. He doesn't have any staining, although there is a little corner piece, but you have to be looking for it, and I just keep that trimmed. He is only 17 weeks, so I dont know if maybe his is an age that they just dont tear a lot too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts