Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, How common is ITP in maltese? My malt is 10 years old and suddenly, these red spots appeared on her belly. I rushed her to the emergency and the vet suspects Immune related thrombocytopenia , with NO platelet in the smear. She has been admitted at the hospital for further tests and monitoring. I am so worried and a mess now. I am so confused and worried

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,703 Posts
Our Lisi had this yrs. ago in Austria---w/vasculitis---lost one ear flap & part of another (that is why she wears pig tails). She got steroids & one other med. They had never seen it outside of a textbook. It was a long time before she was back together but we have not had it reoccur. She had very low platelets.

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,222 Posts
I'm sorry I know nothing about Thrombocytopenia. There are others here on SM so much more qualified than I to answer your questions.
I just wanted you to know that Raya is in my thoughts and prayers. 🙏
My heart breaks for you. I also would be very worried and a mess if I was in your place. Please keep us updated and know both you and Raya are being uplifted with prayer.
Hugs ~ Paulann
🐶 🐾🌷

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,703 Posts
Any up-date on Raya? She is in the right place in the hospital if her platelets are very low! Did she possibly have a tick-bite in the recent past---possibly you did not even see the tick? It can also be caused by other things. Hang in there & let us know how she is doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts