Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was told by a friend who helps raise service dogs, that there's a documentary on PBS tonight (at least in our area) called "Through a Dog's Eyes." I think she may have seen a screening and said it's wonderful. I looked it up online and saw the trailer. I think you'll all love it.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I watched it. I would have liked to see more, but how much can you put in an hour show. Not sure if all those families with kids will be able to deal with the upkeep of the dogs. It's a **** of a lot of work just caring for those special needs kids, so adding to it in some cases 2 dogs, frankly I don't know.

Lol, did not know that h... is a dirty word.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I discovered that yesterday and subbed darn. Feel like I'm in the 50's. I agree that It would seem like a ton of extra work but if it brings service, joy and companionship to those who need it, it might well be worth it. I wouldn't mind seeing a follow up a year later. I think they just shot it in Nov-December. By tv standards, particularly PBS, a very fast turnaround. And take it from me as a producer, an hour isn't that much to work with. I usually get 20 minutes for the videos I do :w00t: and my first draft script/rough cut is usually way over.:blush: Lots of editing needed.

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
I watched it, used quite a few kleenex!

At the end, they said you can watch it on line at pbs.org

I thought it was interesting how rambunctious the dogs seemed, compared to programs I've seen about dogs for the blind--I wonder how much may have been just a part of the filming of the show, and how much may reflect a difference in the dogs' "jobs". :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts