Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi This isnt about my maltese (thank goodness) but my brothers dog has been throwing up...not consistently but often....a whole entire stomach full of undigested food. I've never seen anything like it before. Sorry for the graphics but..he will throw up more than he ate so far that dayand it hasnt been chewed and looks like it hasnt been touched by any kind of digestion. They are basically whole pieces of food that look like theyve just been wet. I'm not sure why he is doing this but I just think its weird that it isnt even a little digested and its been in his stomach for either a full day or a full day and night. Please let me know if this is normal or not.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I would guess that "no", this isn't normal and if either of mine were doing this I would be at the vet .......

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
If your brother won't take the baby to the vet, you go get him and take him! That is definitely not normal, and if that baby isn't getting any nutrients...only bad things might happen. But keep us posted, Please.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I know everyone already said this, but he could have a blockage. My friend's dog swallowed a rock (big big dog) and it blocked off a part of his intestines.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
go to the vet NOW!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Definitely sounds like a blockage. He won't be getting any nourishment and could die.
Please keep us updated on what they find at the vets.
Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts