Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we survived the totally hot and humid weather last week, survived the threat of Hurricane Earl over the weekend, but out of nowhere this morning we got one of those huge thunder boomer kinds of storms. Yikes!! Shook the house, set off the house alarm and, naturally, the little ones felt the need to talk back at the thunder ... sigh. Thankfully, the storm only lasted a short time, the dogs quieted down after the first BOOM, and the alarm only needed a quick reset. Good thing I'm an early riser and a morning person, otherwise it would have been a really rude awakening. Hopefully the only alarm that woke the neighbors was their alarm clocks! :w00t:

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Glad that you made it through everything unscathed. I hope that things
quiet down for you and the babies for the rest of the week.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh, I hate that for you and the babies Mary! I'm glad the storm was over quickly. The babies do tend to get excited..........have a safe night~~

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Ohh I bet yours wasn't the only house alarm to go off due to the weather! Security companies must get a lot of calls during freak storms like this!

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
I can imagine how loud your little "alarms" were this morning. Hannah barks continueously when it thunders. Boo just sits quietly next to me as close as he can get & not be in my pocket. Glad your thunder boomer was short lived.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Wow, the thunderstorms were intense this morning!! I was expecting car alarms to start going off. Lilly was shaking so bad! Thankfully it didn't last long.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can imagine how loud your little "alarms" were this morning. Hannah barks continueously when it thunders. Boo just sits quietly next to me as close as he can get & not be in my pocket. Glad your thunder boomer was short lived.
Yup, between the thunder, the house alarm and the 4-legged alarms it was a full blown symphony here for a little bit. The only "instrument" missing was the car alarm! :whistle:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Happy all is okay in the end. Hate those bursts of thunder that make you want to stand up in bed. :w00t: Tyler's gone through a few storms but it doesn't bother him thankfully. What weather we've had this summer/fall so far.:new_shocked:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hey Mary, at least you were not ironing!
Woman Ironing Shocked By Lightning Strike

Powerful Storm Moves Across Bay State

1 - 11 of 11 Posts