Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Pipper a thundershirt years ago but haven't used it in a long time because when I bought it he was a lot bigger than he is now. It was before we knew he had thyroid issues and once he started on thyroid meds he shrunk in size so the shirt was a bit big on him.
Today we were having severe storms and tornado warnings and poor Pipper was terrified. Nothing would calm him down so I dug out the shirt and managed to get it to do up tight enough if I attached it carefully at the tightest end of the velcro.
5 minutes after I put the shirt on him he totally calmed down and went to sleep!!!!!!! Holy moly what a difference it made in him. These things are amazing.,

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Kathy, I am glad the Thundershirt worked so effectively in calming Pipper down. I'm sure you will now get lots of use out of it (Thunder, siren warnings, 4th of July, etc.) - Abella is so mellow NOTHING bothers her. I only wish I could be more like her! I'm glad your future storms will be more manageable for Pipper!

Reactions: pippersmom

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy moly I had to use the thunder shirt again today. The Emergency Alert started blaring on the tv again for another Tornado Warning. I was in the bathroom when it went off and poor Pipper was panicked outside the bathroom door when I opened it. I love how he runs for Mom instead of Dad when he's scared. !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thundershirts are great. My coworker had an absolutely ancient miniature pinscher that was always shaking and anxious. After she got him a thundershirt he was a lot less skittish and friendlier. I sleep with a gravity blanket and I imagine it's a pretty similar calming experience!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts