Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
Can you put a "puppy yard" in your yard when you're outside? I've seen them in catalogs and online... it is portable and she'd be in it only when you're out there with her. I'm not much for dogs being "tied up" .....

EDIT: Oops... I didn't see Carol Ann's response... looks like she and I are in agreement though!!

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
The only thing about the stake out.... Years ago when I read "No Bad Dogs" by Barbara Woodhouse, something stuck with me. She said never to put a dog on a stake out because the dog can get frustrated when getting to the end of the rope. I can't recall the rest of what was said (can look it up if anyone is interested) but she said if the dog has to be tied outside to use a clothes line so the dog can move back and forth and not be restricted.

Her advice may be more important when a dog is left outside alone and not when our little ones are out with us for short periods of time, however.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.