Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the 4th of July weekend, my family and I took Tiffany to Door County in Wisconsin. We had a lot of fun.

On our way. Tiffany freaked out after about an hour and a half in the car (she's never taken a car ride this long before), so we put her in her crate and she calmed down.

Tiffany and my mom are dressed alike

THE FACE!

Excited because we stopped the car

She wants my beer :blink:

It's cool, I can drive

Me with Tiff and my sisters. Dramatic pose!

The beach was very windy

Sitting outside a store. Yay shopping.

Comforting Tiffany after she was spooked by fireworks. Again, the crazy tongue.

That was our trip! I want to go back!

·
Registered
744 Posts
looked like a fun trip!! We almost took Vi with us last summer when we went to California, but opted to leave her home since we had so much going on and I didn't want to leave her alone in my mom's house... probably would have scared her :( But I missed her (and the other girls) every moment!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
aww i loved these pics !! love that ur wearing same color , love the dramatic pose :) n love the wind in her hair !

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
It looks like everyone had a great time- great photos! Tiffany looks so happy and sweet!

For a minute I thought you wrote 'door country' in WI and I was wondering what that meant..an area that they made doors? lol..then I saw 'county'. Is this a well known county in WI? If so, what's it well known for?

·
Premium Member
17,455 Posts
Looks like it was really a fun time once she was settled in her crate---funny little creatures of habit! She looks like one that would like to cuddle---Kitzel says "bring her on" I am ready! :)

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
:thumbsup: Great pictures.. Your Tiffany got to be one of the "girls"... Thanks for sharing... Tell us about that area... what you like etc. I live close enough to consider a trip there..

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That was my fav pic, too! The one on the beach with the wind!

Fun trip! Looks like you all had a great time!
Tiffany was actually afraid when we were on the beach with all the wind. :blink: She hid under the picnic table while we were having lunch and wouldn't come out.

So then we took her to a different beach, which was less windy because it was on the Green Bay side instead of the Lake Michigan side. Then she had a really good time! I actually got her in the water a bit! No pictures of that though, as we're all in swimsuits. :HistericalSmiley:

It looks like everyone had a great time- great photos! Tiffany looks so happy and sweet!

For a minute I thought you wrote 'door country' in WI and I was wondering what that meant..an area that they made doors? lol..then I saw 'county'. Is this a well known county in WI? If so, what's it well known for?
It's a county with several small towns in it on the peninsula in Wisconsin. It's a popular place for people around here to go on vacation. It has a lot of coastline, so there are tons of beaches.

:thumbsup: Great pictures.. Your Tiffany got to be one of the "girls"... Thanks for sharing... Tell us about that area... what you like etc. I live close enough to consider a trip there..
You should go! It's really fun/relaxing. Here are some things we did...

Beaches - I forget the first beach we went to...I think the second one was Horseshoe Bay beach. The Lake Michigan beaches are usually colder/windier, but they are more sandy. The Green Bay ones are warmer/less windy, but there are more rocks in with the sand.

Cherries - I love cherries, and they grow a lot of them there. We ate the best cherry pie ever (from the Cherry Hut in Fish Creek), cherry salsa, cherry wine...

Cheese - This is Wisconsin after all! On our drive home, we stopped by Renard's Cheese a little bit south of Door County. The cheese curds are amazing!

Shopping - The coolest place we found was Something Fishy in Egg Harbor. They have really unique jewelry. There are lots of cool shops in Fish Creek (Santa Fe Shops allows dogs inside...Tiffany showed off her tricks to the people who work there). We also went to a cool dog boutique in Ephraim. I can't remember the name, but I bought Maltese socks, haha. I also got some dog cookies for Tiff. They had cherry cookies, so I had to get those!

Gibraltar Grill - In Fish Creek, this is where we took the picture of Tiffany wanting to drink my beer, haha. Big dog-friendly patio with an outdoor bar and live music. The food was delicious!

Shipwrecked - In Egg Harbor, a local brewery. They don't allow dogs on the patio, but you can sit next to the fence with your dog on the other side. Really good beer! My favorites are the cherry wheat and the summer wheat seasonal.

Wilson's - In Ephraim, restaurant and ice cream shop. They don't allow dogs inside, so my mom waited with Tiff while we got our ice cream (and then we ate outside). Delicious!

Things we didn't do this time but have done before...

Al Johnson's - In Ephraim, Swedish pancake restaurant. They have goats on the roof! The roof is covered in sod, and the goats eat it.

Peninsula State Park - a really pretty place to go walking

*phew* That was long!

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I loooove Door County. I've been thinking about taking a trip there with Bogie and it sounds like it would work. The Fish Creek shops are dangerous, though. I can't tell you how much I've spent at What's Next? the three times I've been to the area... LOL!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Wow - you all looked like you had such a terrific time. And Tiffany looked so happy and so white!!:wub::wub: What a sweetheart.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts