Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a great weekend.

After some careful thought, I have reduced the maximum allowed time on editing a post you have made. I have received feedback from users and I myself have noticed a recent spade of users editing their posts all for the WRONG intentions.

Please understand that the internet, whether here on SM, on Facebook or any other site that allows you to interact by sharing your thoughts is like ANY other form of communication.

What this means is that you are free to share your thoughts (within the guidelines/rules of the platform you're sharing it on) but once you share it, it's out there and should NOT be able to be edited/removed. The best way I can share this is by comparing it to speech.

If you do a Google search, you can find oodles of examples of politicians and celebs who put the proverbial foot in their mouth by making a comment they probably shouldn't have. Regardless of the efforts of their PR people to retract the comment or spin it into something else, the comment is still out there for everyone to read/hear.

The best thing you can do when using a form of communication is think carefully BEFORE you speak or write it. If you make a mistake, a simple apology will suffice.

This is really an effort to hold everyone accountable for what they share here and not think that they can write something (usually in the heat of the moment) and then go back and remove the comment when it doesn't suit their convenience.

If you have questions about this, please send me a PM.

Thanks
Yung

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.