Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! This is my first post. I'm trying to get familiar with this place. =] I viewed a lot of the pictures everyone has up, and they're all sooooo very precious!

This is the newest addition to my family. I've had him for about a week now. He is 4 months old and weighs only 2 pounds! He is estimated to be only 3 pounds full-grown, no more than 4. He's the tiniest little thing! He has the most mischievous look on his face! I have 2 other Maltese that are bigger than he is. Once he step foot inside my house, he OWNED everything AND both my dogs too! LoL. He isn’t scared of anything! When I got my other two dogs, it took them a while to adjust… but this one is just super brave! =]

Can you guess what I named him? It has something to do with his bravery… and is sooo hilarious!

Well, everyone… meet BALLS! LoL. You should have seen the reaction I got at the vet 2 days ago. Everyone laughed so hard when little “Balls” hopped into the clinic when his name was called. =]

We gave him his first hair cut. He just laid there like a good sport, and surrendered himself! LoL.

This is his before picture. =]

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
OMG, he's such a cutie!!

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by mmo@Nov 11 2005, 01:37 PM

He is sooo cute, and the name too...
Congratulations on your new baby boy and welcome to SM!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118946
[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! Nacho's coat looks real long in that picture! So cute! I really like this site. I joined another one earlier this week, and it doesn't even compare to this. They only let you put on ONE picture, and no pictures are allowed in ANY posts or they will be deleted! BOOO!!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by CindyPham+Nov 11 2005, 01:41 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mmo
@Nov 11 2005, 01:37 PM

Thanks so much! Nacho's coat looks real long in that picture! So cute! I really like this site. I joined another one earlier this week, and it doesn't even compare to this. They only let you put on ONE picture, and no pictures are allowed in ANY posts or they will be deleted! BOOO!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118950
[/B][/QUOTE]
Gee...what website could that be?
LOL

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Nov 11 2005, 01:45 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2005, 01:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-mmo

[/QUOTE]
LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118952
[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Lexi's Mom! =] Thanks for posting! Well the website I joined was supposed to be the "biggest and most complete Maltese website." That's what they advertised it to be. It's MalteseOnly forum or something. It's just too bland for me. Glad I found this site!

Your little ones are soooooo adorable! =] How old are they?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by CindyPham+Nov 11 2005, 01:49 PM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 11 2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2005, 01:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-mmo

LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118952
Hi Lexi's Mom! =] Thanks for posting! Well the website I joined was supposed to be the "biggest and most complete Maltese website." That's what they advertised it to be. It's MalteseOnly forum or something. It's just too bland for me. Glad I found this site!

Your little ones are soooooo adorable! =] How old are they?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118954
[/B][/QUOTE]
There are a lot of people on this website that got fed up with the other one. Glad you found us.

Thanks! Lexi (the bigger one, 8.5lbs) is 22 months old. Nikki (4lbs) is 7 months old. She was only 2.0lbs when I got her at 10 weeks old. The vet doesn't think she is going to get any bigger. She might "fill in" a little more (1/2lb), but she seems to be done growing.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Congrats on your new Baby Balls
What are the names of your other dogs .. are they Maltese too? How old are they?

I find that if you have expectations for size, you may be disappointed when they grow bigger. When I got my first, I was told that Cookie was going to be between 3 - 3.5 lbs. I was actually looking for a small one (yes, I shouldn't have been looking on size). She was under 2 lbs at 4 months but she is now closer to 5 lbs. On the other hand, I wanted a Maltese between 4-6 lbs when I got Sparkle. She was 2.2 lbs at 4 months but she stayed at only 3 lbs.

Usually, the size of the Maltese will be determined by the size of the parents/grand-parents etc. If the line of Maltese is larger and a Maltese is tiny, they are likely the runt - sometimes the small size is due to health issues and other times .. they maybe just a runt.

Sorry for sounding negative. I know you will love Balls no matter what size he grows to. I just want to prepare you in case he grows larger. I wish someone told me when I got Cookie

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by CharmyPoo@Nov 11 2005, 01:58 PM
Congrats on your new Baby Balls
  What are the names of your other dogs .. are they Maltese too?  How old are they?

I find that if you have expectations for size, you may be disappointed when they grow bigger.  When I got my first, I was told that Cookie was going to be between 3 - 3.5 lbs.  I was actually looking for a small one (yes, I shouldn't have been looking on size).  She was under 2 lbs at 4 months but she is now closer to 5 lbs.  On the other hand, I wanted a Maltese between 4-6 lbs when I got Sparkle.  She was 2.2 lbs at 4 months but she stayed at only 3 lbs.

Usually, the size of the Maltese will be determined by the size of the parents/grand-parents etc.  If the line of Maltese is larger and a Maltese is tiny, they are likely the runt - sometimes the small size is due to health issues and other times .. they maybe just a runt.

Sorry for sounding negative.  I know you will love Balls no matter what size he grows to.  I just want to prepare you in case he grows larger.  I wish someone told me when I got Cookie

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118958
[/QUOTE]

Hi there! I have all Maltese dogs. Two males: Naudie and Balls. One female: Baby (ruff ruff). You can only imagine what I sound like calling all of them together. LoL.

My original plan was to only get two. One male and one female. I didn't want to breed her during the first two seaons she was in heat because she wouldn't be fully mature yet. As crazy as it sounds, I wanted the puppies for myself. Just to raise them. LoL.

I first bought Naudie from a lady in Kansas. I am from Houston, Texas. She told me that she would ship him off, but she said she couldn't until a week later because the weather was too hot. I ended up driving 13 hours straight to get him and 13 hours back. I had to see my little one! Nothing was going to keep us apart! She said he'd only be 4-5 pounds because ALL her dogs were smaller than 5 pounds. I think I was lied to because he is now 8 pounds, and I wouldn't give him up for anything! I love him regardless of size, but I wish she would have told me the truth. Also, when I got him, he was soooo scared of everything. From what I saw, she had a 8 year old son that terrorized the dogs! He kept poking and teasing them! I think she locked him up in a crate or kennel because he was so distant from us. I took him home and gave him so much love that he is now the most loving dog ever!

Then I bought Baby... she came from such a loving home, and we bonded right away. She gave kisses to everyone, and she adapted easier than Naudie. She is now 5 pounds full grown.

During Baby's first heat, I had NO idea how crazy it was going to make Naudie. I locked him up, and he found a way to get out every time! He got to her twice, and I felt sooo horrible. I was mad at him because he "raped" Baby. I know it sounds silly, but I was so upset! LoL. I know it's not his fault though. Animal urges. Hehe.

Since she was so small, and he's a lot bigger, she only had one puppy in the litter, and it suffocated since it was too big! I was devestated! After I buried the puppy, she went around for DAYS looking for him. Trying to find him everywhere. It brought me and my finace to tears. That's the saddest thing ever! =[

Anyway, your baby looks really adorable! Must be spoiled! =] I try not to spoil them, but it's soooo hard. They make my heart smile. Hehe
That's why I decided to get Balls... I know he might not stay around 3 pounds, but his mom and dad are tiny. The mom was like 4 pounds and the dad was only 3.2 pounds. I'll just have to see.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by 3Maltmom@Nov 11 2005, 03:11 PM
Well if you're not going to post on Maltese Only, I guess they now have no Balls!! - LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118976
[/QUOTE]

LoL!!! ...not that had any to even start with! =]

Daisy, Joplin, Sammie, Frankie, Billy, and Henry are all soooooo cute! Not sure if I got them all. They must be a handful! I have 3 now, and it gets hectic cleaning after all of them. Hehe. One of them even try to help me clean sometimes! When I'm picking stuff up off the ground to clean, Naudie runs around and grabs as much as he can in his mouth and brings it to me! LoL

Any funny stories with yours? (everybody, feel free to post!) LoL

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.