Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
The pictures are so cute.

We got a new puppy this week but its not a Maltese (but it is a maltese cross poodle). Its black as the night and you can't even see her eyes from her black hair.

Its sad we lost our last Maltese after 17 years this year but it is nice to have a puppy in the house again. My wife couldn't get a purebred Maltese again as it was too painful for her.

We had our second night at home last night. She is 8 weeks old and I forgot how tiring new puppies are. She had some diarrhea from the new environment last night (I think from stress?) so instead of getting up twice we were up at least 5 times. I am hoping that we get back to twice a night like the first night.

She is toilet trained already so that's a good thing I don't need to teach her. She only had one accident and learnt very quickly through positive reinforcement where to go. She has not had an accident since the first one.

I'll post some pics from my phone later as on the laptop at the moment and don't have access to them.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Congratulations on your new little Puppy. Sorry to hear that you lost your Maltese that your had for 17 years. I know, as well as many others here on SM how hard it is to lose one of our precious pets. However, I am a bit concerned that your Puppy is so very young since they really should not be taken away from their mothers until they are at least 12 weks of age. As far as the diarrhea is concerned, it could come from stress but I would be very careful since she is so very young. A call to your Vet might be in order to have her checked out. And yes, new Puppies can be tiring since we just got one in the beginning of October after 12 years.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts