Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
It's weird that this topic came up because on the dogforums.com, and other large dog breed forums, some reputable breeders do not show their large breed dogs regularly. Instead they get high titles in "working" and "herding" trials because they want they want to better the breed by having them do what they were bred to do but they also do health test on ALL their dogs and puppies, screen the potential owners, ect. Showing is just not the "main" concern. So, if I get a larger breed, its harder to tell if a breeder is reputable or not. For example, with the Alaskan Malamute, many breeders do weight pulling and sledding trials with them. I would mainly I would be looking for a breeder that is breeding responsibily with a "herding" or "working" breed. With a maltese, I would just want to see if they showed or are showing currently and then check their sources and qualifications out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.