Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
wanted to post a quick thread about my Tobi, i came last night and found my dog was in pain, had trouble walking, hind legs or lower spine area when touched, he cries and can hardly walk yet alone stand up like he use to, it has now been a day and a half and he is still in the corner depressed,,,,wont listen, wont come when called, but he does eat good chicken, i gave him baby aspirin just now,,,im thinking when i wasnt home, he might of hit a corner of a bed or being so hyper, he might of injured himself somehow, any advice or anyone experience this before with their malt? it happened over night so that is why i assume he fell or hit himself somewhere in the house.
thanks for any advice

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
I don't think he is depressed. I think he is in pain. Take him to the vet ASAP.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
The vet right away. Do you have steps that he climbs? Wondering if he could have fallen down them. I also wouldn't give Tobi aspirin. Please call your vet's office now.

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Hello everyone
wanted to post a quick thread about my Tobi, i came last night and found my dog was in pain, had trouble walking, hind legs or lower spine area when touched, he cries and can hardly walk yet alone stand up like he use to, it has now been a day and a half and he is still in the corner depressed,,,,wont listen, wont come when called, but he does eat good chicken, i gave him baby aspirin just now,,,im thinking when i wasnt home, he might of hit a corner of a bed or being so hyper, he might of injured himself somehow, any advice or anyone experience this before with their malt? it happened over night so that is why i assume he fell or hit himself somewhere in the house.
thanks for any advice
I would not assume anything. As the other members here advised ... please take him to the vet ASAP! In fact, I hope by now Tobi has seen a vet.

I've seen your first video of Tobi on YouTube ... and, it is really cute. However, I felt sorry for Tobi in the last video. I would never put Snowball in the shower and allow him to be shaking so bad. Tobi was visably upset and one could hear him cry. I hope he doesn't slip off the seat that he was on in the shower.

Please let us know what the vet says. I hope he will be okay. He is too precious to suffer needlessly.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
PLEASE get your Tobi to vet for evaluation... he could have spinal injury which is not only very painful could result in a more serious condition such as paralysis! My Missy had disc disease and she did indeed injure herself and we had to get her a wheelchair. ( you can see it in my siggy) Please don't delay!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
OMG ! A day and a half in this condition!!! :blink: Oh my! I hope he has seen the vet by now...poor little guy....please keep us updated !!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
I would not assume anything. As the other members here advised ... please take him to the vet ASAP! In fact, I hope by now Tobi has seen a vet.

I've seen your first video of Tobi on YouTube ... and, it is really cute. However, I felt sorry for Tobi in the last video. I would never put Snowball in the shower and allow him to be shaking so bad. Tobi was visably upset and one could hear him cry. I hope he doesn't slip off the seat that he was on in the shower.

Please let us know what the vet says. I hope he will be okay. He is too precious to suffer needlessly.
I agree. The last video was very distressing to me.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Tobi will not heal on his own nor will asprin do the trick....he needs medical assistance. He may have injured his back legs/spine when doing tricks or jumping/twisting in the air. We do not encourage such movements. Tobi is very smart and I enjoyed your videos. But, I'm sorry to say I can no longer watch anymore of your vids after seeing the shower video. You can cause behavior problems with Tobi by what you did in the shower video and it is cruel.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
oh wow, i sure hope Tobi has been the vet! it's very obvious how much you love your dog - I just hope he is ok!

I do have to agree with the others - I didn't like the shower video at all. I didn't see the point of it and it just made me sad seeing him in there. :(

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
I agree with everyone else about your baby. I do hope he is under the care of your vet and is feeling better. Please let us know how he is doing.:smcry:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Oh boy, I would be running to the vet in panic asap if this was my dog. I'm so sorry you and Tobi are going through this...hopefully he is under a vet's care and getting better. Please do update us!

Also...I watched some of your videos and Tobi is very cute and so smart! I could only watch a few seconds of the shower video though...it made me very sad for Tobi as he looked very upset and scared. Please don't put him through such distressing situations unnecessarily as I can imagine it is very traumatizing for the poor little guy.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'm sorry I had to come back and add my two cents. That shower video was cruel! :angry: What was the point of having him stand in the shower and you video taping him? He was panting, uncomfortable and clearly in distress. Poor thing. I felt sorry for him !

I hope he has received vet care by now....

·
Registered
216 Posts
I too hope that Tobi has seen the vet and is recovering well.

I just want to scoop him out of that shower and let him know he is safe and everything is ok :smcry: Please don't put him through anything like that again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
I could not sleep last night. I kept thinking about Tobi. He's so precious. How is he doing today?

I wanted to elaborate on my previous comment about the shower video. Tobi is just like a skin child....very innocent and counts on you for everything. You mold him into either a very confident, happy go lucky, sweet little boy. Or, you can do just the opposite. For example, if you had a skin child afraid of heights and put him on a ledge of a 2 story window and sat there with a video camera, it would only perpetuate his fears. You now have a very anxious, timid, and possibly aggressive boy in the future. What could happen is that Tobi will associate the video camera with the running water/shower incident. So, down the road, everytime you get out the video camera, he may start to get very anxious and frightened and will no longer perform for you on videos. The fears can actually get worse, and he can become afraid of many things, now. If you want to get Tobi used to the water with reward training, start very slow by having the water running....and just opening the bathroom door and giving Tobi a treat at the doorway of the bathroom. Then, every few days, you keep moving just a bit closer towards the shower by a foot or so. So, the entire process takes weeks. Of course, he needs a bath in the meantime, I would make it a very positive atmosphere and forget the video. Please, give this some thought and let us know how he's doing.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts