Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I will keep little Toby in my thoughts... I'm sure everything will be fine!! Maybe its scar tissue from the shot that will prob. go down after a while...

·
Registered
346 Posts
My prayers are there for Toby. I'm sure if it was anything to be too concerned with at the moment, the Doctor would have taken immediate action rather than to have you keep a close eye on it. Chin up and think positive thougths

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Pico gets little bumps from time to time around his jaw and they just go away after a while. I'm sure Toby's will, too. Probably just like the vet said, swelling from his vacinnation site.

Pico sends Toby a kiss.....he's all man but very cosmopolitan!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
awww, poor toby! ellie got a bump from vaccinations also. and then ellie and sprite got bumps from not getting a good suture from a spay. when gruffi got his bump on his face---we assumed it was a bee sting. our vet didnt know what it was. but he said 'if its a bee, give him childrens benedryl' and the bump went away after a week. my point is that even though a vet doesnt know what it is--doesnt mean that it's bad.

·
Registered
831 Posts
We will keep Toby in our thoughts. Hope everything will be okay!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Maxi and i will pray that everything is fine
i just took Maxi for xrays of his heart on wed because
he is having this rapid heartbeat when he sleeping and it sounds like his teeth are chattering scares the heck out of me so there was thank god nothing on the xray but he said if it continues they will call in a cardiologist and maybe hook him with the monitor at night to record these rapid beats
does any of your babies heart races when they are sleeping
im so upset and nervous

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@May 20 2004, 11:23 PM
Hi All,

I am kind of worried about Toby. The other night my husband felt a bump/knot on his left side, midway between his spine and belly, it is about the size of a pea. Luckily, Wally, my Beagle, had a vet appointment the next day, so I took Toby along. The vet checked the knot and said he wasn't sure what it was. He thought it could be a hemotoma (sp?) from where he got his vaccinations two weeks ago. Toby is set to be neutered on June 7, so the vet said to keep an eye on it and if it doesn't get smaller, they will remove it and biopsy while he is under anastesia. He said if it gets worse, to bring him in sooner and they will do the neutering and the removal in the next couple of weeks.

Has anyone encountered anything like this? Please send Toby lots of good thought our way!
I am worried!
One of our two boys had a bump which probably lasted two weeks after one of the vaccinations. It never seemed to bother him and it's gone now.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
sounds like a vaccine reaction to me...we see them all the time in the vet world...im sure everything will be fine, but i will have toby in my thoughts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
ellie had a bump on her neck. it took like 5 months to go away. it was getting scabbed and all nasty. we THINK it could've been caused by revolution.

at least you'll find out what it is when he gets neutered. good luck toby!!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Nichole:

Good luck at the vet with Toby. I know the neutering alone is nerve racking and with the lump I know you are worried. Keep your chin up, our thoughts are with you both.... everything will be fine!

Be sure to give us an update on Monday!

Maxismom:

How is he doing?

Judi

1 - 19 of 19 Posts