Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I LOVE PICTURES! I can't believe you got him PINK booties! PUAHAHA He still a cutie! What a good boy! And how lucky are you to find a great VET! I know how it feels to have a not so great Dr. so I'm totally glad you found one that loves Toby!
And Grade1 LP, I heard isn't that bad so I hope it doesn't get worse. Kisses to TOBY!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I was just wondering how old is Toby? I am glad his vet exam went well.

I guess what bothers me about the whole luxating patellas issue is that until Miko was about 1.5 yrs old, none of the 3 different vets he saw ever picked up any signs of LP. Then he had an injury (while running with a miniature pincher) after which he was limping on his left leg. We had him examined by a whole bunch of different vets and they all graded his left knee differently (anywhere from 2-4). A few months after (under diff circumtances) same thing happened to his right one. And then the grading for the right one changed (from none, to 3). I just don't know how much I trust the whole grading system. Or how much I trust their physical exam. I probably wouldn't have done the surgery if he wasn't starting to hop on one leg. Of course now I regret doing it (after seeing him in pain)

Oh, and I love the boots!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Awww!! CUTE!!!! great deal on those boots too, they look like those $70 ones. I'm glad the vet visit went well, thanks for the info!! You have a great vet!!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Aww Toby was a very brave boy
Gald you like your new vet.I wouldnt trade mine for the world.We have been with him many years and I trust him totally.Makes a hugh difference when you are comfortable with a vet.Love the booties!!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Glad your visit went well and that Toby is secure in his pink boots!
I wish my vet would have explained LP's to me more, but I trust him, and he didn't seem too concerned about the other one, just the injured one...but he is SO laid back, it is hard to tell if he is concerned about anything...ya know? That is just his personality...

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Apr 22 2005, 04:22 PM
Thanks for all your sweet comments. 
  I just love my little baby--is it obvious??? 

Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Apr 22 2005, 05:51 PM
I can't believe you got him PINK booties! PUAHAHA  <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55483

Toby is a metrosexual and very secure in his manhood!

Originally posted by okw@Apr 22 2005, 05:57 PM
I was just wondering how old is Toby? 

I guess what bothers me about the whole luxating patellas issue is that until Miko was about 1.5 yrs old, none of the 3 different vets he saw ever picked up any signs of LP.  <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55488
[/QUOTE]
Toby is 16 months old. Actually, just as I was asking the vet to check for the LP, she was already starting. I don't think out of any of the vets I have ever been to they have done it for any of my dogs. I think she is just REALLY thorough.

Originally posted by Lani@Apr 22 2005, 06:02 PM
Awww, how cute. $10 for those boots???
  What a deal! What colors do they have?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55491
[/QUOTE]
All they have are pink. I would have gotten some other color, but for $10, Toby can live with it. :lol:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55502
[/QUOTE]

I totally agree that some vets are just not that thorough. Or maybe some are just very thorough (and make others look bad in comparison). We had one vet examine Miko (for a health certificate for flying) and he was checking over his knees and nothing! This was already after he was limping and had x-rays done at different place which showed his patellas hanging out medially, not in the center. When I specifically asked him about Miko's knees, he was like "oh, I guess I could pop them out but I wouldn't want to". Plus this guy attributed lots of things to miko being just being one "of the little dogs". Well, he is still a dog, regardless if he is a toy breed. Ughhhhh

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Toby is SOOO cute in his outfit. Love that he's a metrosexual - you got me laughing on that one! Glad all is well with him, and that you're pleased with the new vet.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Your little Toby is a little doll! and those boots are so cute!
So glad you have found such a great vet!! I'm impressed with the attitude toward the vaccinations!! She sounds like a keeper!!
( love the shirts you made too!) I also buy the onsies and adapt them some by cutting off the crotch and sewing ( not well but sewn) the hem. Some I leave with the crotch intact for the cooler weather as it covers her little butt area.
Terry and Missy

·
Registered
608 Posts
I love the boots but I don't think I could convince my hubby to go ANYWHERE w/us again if I get them for Tunder.

Also hope Toby feels better shortly. He sounds like the type to bounce back pretty quick. You know what they say can't hold a good dog down.b

1 - 16 of 16 Posts