Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
frost with cream cheese?

I wish I could come

For the Frosting
8 oz Neufchatel Cheese (lowfat cream cheese)
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
2-3 tablespoons flour
chopped walnuts

Use yogurt? (I'm searching through sites to get these ideas, btw)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Nov 24 2004, 02:08 AM
Oh, I am also making doggie cake for Toby.  Here is the recipe if anyone is interested:
K-9 Birthday Cake Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup white or whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup honey (optional)
1 egg

Mix the dry ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients and mix quickly. Bake in a greased ring mold at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. You may frost this cake with low fat cottage cheese and decorate with some carrot pieces. Store in the refrigerator.
(Dogs will eat this without the honey added)

~~Does anyone know of anything I can "frost" this with?~~
Thanks!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18340
[/QUOTE]

What about frosting it with liverwurst (braunschweiger)...I bet toby would love it.
Have you ever made this cake? Was it eaten?
I know these are sort of dumb questions, but Sassi's BD is coming up Dec 1 and I would love to make her a cake. But...she is such a fussy eater, as you have all heard, and I don't want to waste my time if she is going to turn up her itty bitty nose.......aaaggghhh!!!

I have all the ingredients and would love to try it out on her.

Your party sounds like such fun.
You could strategically place a few "O'Henry" candy bars on the floor...looks real.
I can remember putting them in bedpans for jokes when we would have partys at the ole hospital

Sassi said to tell Toby Happy Birthday, and she sends him lots of licks and wags!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Nov 26 2004, 02:10 AM
something, soooo, I'm not really sure if he "likes" it, or is just eating it because Wally is.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18608
[/QUOTE]

That is sooo funny Nicole.

I just might try it. Just hate to go through all the trouble when I think she might turn up her 'picky' little nose.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Nov 24 2004, 02:19 AM
frost with cream cheese? 

I wish I could come

For the Frosting
2 tablespoons honey
2-3 tablespoons flour
chopped walnuts

Use yogurt?  (I'm searching through sites to get these ideas, btw)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18341
[/QUOTE]

Instead of chopped walnuts for a dogs cake ... dehydrate weenies in your Microwave... Cut into slices (that make a circle, place on paper towel, microwave on each side for 2 /3 min.... allowing them to cool and they are great treats for your fur-baby that can be used to decorate a cake

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Joy+Nov 27 2004, 09:08 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Nov 24 2004, 02:19 AM
frost with cream cheese? 

I wish I could come

For the Frosting
2 tablespoons honey
2-3 tablespoons flour
chopped walnuts

Use yogurt?  (I'm searching through sites to get these ideas, btw)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18341
Instead of chopped walnuts for a dogs cake ... dehydrate weenies in your Microwave... Cut into slices (that make a circle, place on paper towel, microwave on each side for 2 /3 min.... allowing them to cool and they are great treats for your fur-baby that can be used to decorate a cake
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18877[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, I would say stay away from the walnuts.... the ony time Kallie vomited profusely was when she got hold of a walnut that had dropped on the floor.....

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Nov 24 2004, 01:08 AM
I know I mentioned in another post how I am having a b-day party for Toby, but I just need some ideas on what else I can do.  Here is what I have so far...

I am going to bake a 9" round cake and then make 4 cupcakes.  Frost them and arrange them to look like a paw.

I made some candy tonight that is sooooo cool.  It is that candy that you melt and pour into the tray, freeze it and pop it out.  Well, I got these molds that are in the shape of dog bones!  So I made the candy and I am going to put it in a dog bowl.  LOL

Oh, I also got some napkins that have paw prints all over them and they say, "Wipe your paws."

Then as party favors, I bought a stocking for everyone's dog or cat and filled it with a dog or cat picture frame, some dog/cat toys and some dog/cat treats. 

I also have a quick game to play and the winner will get a bird feeder for outside.

I guess I am looking for stuff like the candy put into dog bowls.  I think that is hilarious.

I just invited family and a few friends.  I don't want to many people to think I have gone off the deep end! 

Oh, I am also making doggie cake for Toby.  Here is the recipe if anyone is interested:
K-9 Birthday Cake Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup white or whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup honey (optional)
1 egg

Mix the dry ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients and mix quickly. Bake in a greased ring mold at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. You may frost this cake with low fat cottage cheese and decorate with some carrot pieces. Store in the refrigerator.
(Dogs will eat this without the honey added)

~~Does anyone know of anything I can "frost" this with?~~
Thanks!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18340
[/QUOTE]

Caesars birthday is the 9th, I am gonna make this cake for him too, thanks for the recipe! :D

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Nov 28 2004, 02:04 PM
You're welcome!  Let me know if Caesar likes it. 

I found a site with dog recipes on it and I chose this one because it didn't have "weird" ingredients in it and this is stuff I have around the kitchen.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18997
[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I think I actually have all of these ingredients :D

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Nov 28 2004, 02:04 PM
You're welcome!  Let me know if Caesar likes it. 

I found a site with dog recipes on it and I chose this one because it didn't have "weird" ingredients in it and this is stuff I have around the kitchen.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18997
[/QUOTE]
Okay so his cake just got out of the oven. I picked a little piece off the top and when it cooled I let him taste it...he LOVED it!! Thanks again for the recipe, it had normal ingreidents and wasn't hard to make at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts