Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The anticipation of March 15 has been building up in my apartment...well, since last March 15
. My boyfriend moved out this morning, and right now is driving down to Florida, so he can finish school. It was a very sad/teary morning.
Between last Sunday and this morning it has been a sad couple of days. My lease is up at the end of the month so Sunday (the only day she could find help) my roommate and Milo moved out. Tini and I are home alone till the end of the month.
I'm thinking Tini knows there is something going on, and she is a little nervous (which is to be expected). I don't think it will bother her too much not having Milo around, because she will have Louie the "family dog" as I am moving back in with my parents...(I know, I know... 23 moving back home...but at least they will have me!) Right now though, she has soft poop... I'm thinking it's because she is nervous... after I move home I am thinking of changing her food. She eats Eukanuba right now, but I think she has developed a slight allergy because she is nibbling on her paws.

Here's what I'm thinking... at least I am addicted to TV and my dog
! This way I won't be lonely at night because so many good shows are on and Tini loves to lay on my lap as I watch TV.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
It'll be ok. Least you don't have to pay rent anymore and Tini will still have a friend to play with!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Mar 15 2005, 10:51 AM

It'll be ok.  Least you don't have to pay rent anymore and Tini will still have a friend to play with!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43482
[/QUOTE]

Yeah! I'm really trying not to be sad, just happy for him, and happy not to have all my bills! Did you ever switch BC & N food? Did it help with tear staining?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
lol..a bit off topic here, but I haven't TOTALLY switched yet. I'm using the same brand, but I switched to an allergy free formula. So far not so good. But there old formula is still in there somewhere. I may switch back to science diet lamb and rice formula. But Cloud's eyes dont seem gooey like it use to. EWWWW.

And since you wont have all them bills to pay, you can save up to go to Florida and visit your bf!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Awwww!!! We'll all be here to keep you and tini company!!! Hey!! I'm 24 and I still live at home
don't make fun of me!!! Just kidding
My family is pretty cool though, so I guess I'm lucky. And my parents are soooo addicted to Peanut that they couldn't go a day without seeing him
My bf lives in central MA and he works there. He bought a house there last year, and it's just too far for me commuting all the way back to Boston every day for work. I tried it for a while, but it took too dang long! During rush hour, a 45 minute drive turns into a 2 and a half hour drive

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Mar 15 2005, 11:01 AM
lol..a bit off topic here, but I haven't TOTALLY switched yet.  I'm using the same brand, but I switched to an allergy free formula.  So far not so good.  But there old formula is still in there somewhere.  I may switch back to science diet lamb and rice formula.  But Cloud's eyes dont seem gooey like it use to.  EWWWW. 

And since you wont have all them bills to pay, you can save up to go to Florida and visit your bf!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43488
[/QUOTE]

HAHA, yeah, I guess I couldn't have been any further from the topic with that question...
I've already bought my ticket, I'll be in Daytona April 29-May3.

Originally posted by littlepeanut@Mar 15 2005, 11:01 AM
Awwww!!!  We'll all be here to keep you and tini company!!!  Hey!!  I'm 24 and I still live at home
don't make fun of me!!!  Just kidding
My family is pretty cool though, so I guess I'm lucky.  And my parents are soooo addicted to Peanut that they couldn't go a day without seeing him
My bf lives in central MA and he works there.  He bought a house there last year, and it's just too far for me commuting all the way back to Boston every day for work.  I tried it for a while, but it took too dang long!  During rush hour, a 45 minute drive turns into a 2 and a half hour drive
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43489
[/QUOTE]

I'm not making fun! I'm actually kind of excited to move home. I love my parents they are fun people. I'm there a lot anyway, it's just hard to move home after you've been on your own. It will be nice too, because my parents and I will have a trade between the three of us there will always be someone to let out the dogs.

It's just going to be a change, not having my boyfriend around after 2 years of being joined at the hip, and to be living "in the country" again!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Mar 15 2005, 11:06 AM
I'm not making fun! I'm actually kind of excited to move home. I love my parents they are fun people. I'm there a lot anyway, it's just hard to move home after you've been on your own. It will be nice too, because my parents and I will have a trade between the three of us there will always be someone to let out the dogs.

It's just going to be a change, not having my boyfriend around after 2 years of being joined at the hip, and to be living "in the country" again!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43492
[/QUOTE]

Awww!! I hear that!!! My ex and I were together for 5 wonderful years, and we did everything together. School, our jobs were in the same neigborhood, EVERYTHING!!! But with my current bf of (yikes!) almost 4 years, I found that to be apart sometimes is better. After all, distance makes the heart grow fonder!!!! Did I spell 'fonder' right? It looks funny. Yep, 24 and can't spell yet
At first it will be hard, but you'll be fine!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Awww, that is tough to be so far away from him.
It will be nice to be rent free though = extra money for plane tickets!
It is hard to stay strong, but keep in mind it is short term, and it will very much help you as a couple. My hubby and I were 5 hours apart when he first went to college (by no means states apart like you, but I still only saw him once a month, 2 times if i was lucky) for a year and a half, and as hard as it was, I would never take that time back for the world. It has seriously made us so close and so strong as a couple. It really makes u appreciate the time you have together, and will really help you guys to grow strong together. My thoughts are with you guys, cause it is very tough and very sad, but at least its not going to last forever
Don't forget u have all of us on here for you and Tini! :D

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
You guys get to move back home and not have to pay rent to your parents? What a deal! Why would you ever want to leave? :D

My kids are grown and both left home at 18 to go to college, then started living on their own so it was never an issue for me, but I know a lot of my friends who had kids move back home in their 20's made them pay something for rent, ultilities, food, etc.

Pretty good deal since they'll take you back with pets, too!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
When John and I were dating we were over 5 hours apart. He lived here in south Jersey and I lived in upstate NY. We saw each other once or twice a month for a semester (not a full year but long enough). I didn't drive or have a car so he always had to do the driving. It wasn't that bad because we were never used to seeing each other often anyway. I had my friends and school and he had his friends, family and school. When we got married I moved in with him and his parents and we moved into our own apartment about 5 1/2-6 months later. John and I have talked about what Fantasia and I would do if anything ever happened to him. I would move to NC with my family, but I couldn't imagine moving back in with my parents so I would probably end up moving in with my brother and his family. After John and I first got married my mom kept trying to get us to move to NC so we could be close to them. I don't think I would like living in NC because I am so used to it here but if I had to move there I am sure I would get used to it there too. There are no good jobs in John's field of work down there though so we would probably never move there anyway.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Mar 15 2005, 12:01 PM
You guys get to move back home and not have to pay rent to your parents? What a deal! Why would you ever want to leave?  :D

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43516
[/QUOTE]
Ha, yeah my mom just joked (or I hope it was a joke
) that when I turn 25 I should start to pay her rent. My dad won't have it though. I did feel so guilty about moving back in and 'mooching' off my parents, but I take care of all the housework (cleaning and such), shoveling (after this winter, my arms are sooo muscular
), grocery shopping, and I pay the bills (with their checkbook
)...I kinda feel like I am my parent's housewife
Since the house is so big, and they love Peanut they are fine with it, they say that it's a good way for me to save money (my parents also own properties that they rent out, and know first hand how much of a rip-off rent can be). I just have to learn how to save money now :new_Eyecrazy: I would pay them rent if they really asked for it though, I love my mommy and daddy!! Plus Peanut always has someone home with him while I'm at work

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by LadysMom@Mar 15 2005, 12:01 PM
You guys get to move back home and not have to pay rent to your parents? What a deal! Why would you ever want to leave?  :D

My kids are grown and both left home at 18 to go to college, then started living on their own so it was never an issue for me, but I know a lot of my friends who had kids move back home in their 20's made them pay something for rent, ultilities, food, etc.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43516
[/QUOTE]

Actually I will be paying rent...just not as much as I was paying before. I have bought my own grocery's since I left for college (I have certain staples:) ) I've gone into this before, but I had to have a major operation over the summer so that was a HUGE expense that I couldn't anticipate, and as the medical bills started to sneak in, I realized I couldn't live by myself. Besides, I didn't want to sign another year lease because I don't know what is going on job-wise. My dad built his and my moms new house. When he retires (he is an engineer) he wants to be a contractor, so he wants to practice with us kids! So as I pay my parents rent it is actually going into a "house" fund for when Davin (my boyfriend) and I are ready to build a house.

Originally posted by Nichole@Mar 15 2005, 12:12 PM
That has to be tough.  How much longer until your bf is done with school?  How come he picked Florida?  At least you have Tini to keep you company, and who knows, you may like having the apartment to yourself for the next couple of weeks.  Kinda like a mini vacation.  I know I like when I am home by myself and it is just me and the dogs.  Have you planned a trip to go see your bf?

That is nice that you will be moving back home with your parents.  I sometimes miss living back at home too, but I only live a block away 
  so I am there at least every other day.  My mom is always asking my husband and I to move back home.  She offered to redo part of the house so we would have our own "apartment."  I couldn't imagine my mom asking us to pay rent.  She would say that we need the money more than she does.  I couldn't imagine if I had kids, taking their money!  :new_Eyecrazy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43521
[/QUOTE]

He will be home at the end of September. He is going for motorcycle mechanics and dealership management. After college he didn't know what he wanted to do with his life, and he has had a life long dream of opening up his own bike shop, so loud-mouth-me urged him to go if that's what he wanted to do. So really I can only blame myself! HAHA, just kidding! He know's I would have done it if there was really something I wanted to do.

I love my parents though. I see or talk to my mom everyday (she works a mile from where I live now), and every Sunday we do our "running around" together, and then we make dinner "for the guys" after they are done working on some sort of "project". I'm excited that I don't have to drive the 1/2 hour to have dinner with my parents anymore, and boy do they love their granddogger!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Mar 15 2005, 11:01 AM
Awwww!!!  We'll all be here to keep you and tini company!!!  Hey!!  I'm 24 and I still live at home
don't make fun of me!!!  Just kidding
My family is pretty cool though, so I guess I'm lucky.  And my parents are soooo addicted to Peanut that they couldn't go a day without seeing him
My bf lives in central MA and he works there.  He bought a house there last year, and it's just too far for me commuting all the way back to Boston every day for work.  I tried it for a while, but it took too dang long!  During rush hour, a 45 minute drive turns into a 2 and a half hour drive
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43489
[/QUOTE]
haha... me too! I'm still at home and 24yrs old.
I dont pay rent either!.... my mother didnt even want me to have Kodie... she wanted me to sell him after I got him as a PRESENT from my bf for graduation! Shes a meanie!
haha... but after Kodie was home for 24hrs... that all changed... she LOVES him now!

I really am "trying" to save to buy a house... I just think its gonna take forever! :D

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
This is a little off topic but, buying a house used to take forever but now it really doesn't. I have wanted to buy a house for 2 years now but we just keep dragging our feet. I think John knows as soon as we get a realtor and mortgage broker that it's just a matter of months. It is a HUGE investment but well worth it if you ask me. I have been looking at houses online (remax, century 21, and so on) and last year the houses were cheaper than they are this year but there are still some good cheap ones out there. I was shocked to see how cheap houses were in NY (upstate), GA, NC and some of the other southern states, and then see how expensive houses are here. It's like a rip off! Plus taxes are sky high here! NJ is trying to lower taxes for home owners though so maybe that will go through before we get a house or right after. Anyway we are really bad savers so we never had a savings account. We opened one last year and had to close it out when we needed a new car. Then I forced John to open another one at a different bank so it's harder for us to close out (the other one was at the bank with our checking). We agreed to put about $150-$200 a month in there so we will have enough for closing costs and then we are going to get a 100% loan to cover the down payment. We don't have enough time to save enough for a down payment and closing costs. Through my research I found that there are alot of programs out there for first time home buyers and they will practically bend over backwards to get you into a house. I am excited about getting a house! We are going to start actually looking at houses (getting a realtor and going inside the houses lol) in about 5-6 months. I hope to be in our new house for Christmas even though our lease isn't up till the end of Jan. Hopefully we can pay an extra months rent if we have to. Hopefully by next year Fantasia will have her own fenced in yard to play in!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
FannyMay, I really don't like Nashville too much, but the BEST thing about Nashville is that the cost of houses isnt crazy! At least compared to places like California or Colorado. For my bf's house, for the same sq footage in CA or CO is doubled or tripled! It just seems CRAZY!
lol

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Mar 16 2005, 04:00 PM
FannyMay, I really don't like Nashville too much, but the BEST thing about Nashville is that the cost of houses isnt crazy!  At least compared to places like California or Colorado.  For my bf's house, for the same sq footage in CA or CO is doubled or tripled!  It just seems CRAZY!
lol
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43823
[/QUOTE]
My bf's house in MA cost 5 times what my sister paid for her house in FL.
That's why I still live at home with mommy and daddy

1 - 20 of 33 Posts